Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Willie Nelson's pot bust by the border patrol?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Willie Nelson's pot bust by the border patrol?

Willie Nelson's latest pot bust could be settled for a song and $100, a west Texas prosecutor said.

"You can bet your *** I'm not going to be mean to Willie Nelson," Hudspeth County Attorney C.R. "Kit" Bramblett told CNN Monday, confirming his plea recommendation.

Nelson, a treasured icon in the Lone Star state, was charged with marijuana possession after U.S. Border Patrol agents searched his tour bus on a Hudspeth County, Texas highway near the U.S.-Mexico border, about 85 miles southeast of El Paso last November.

No court date is set, but Bramblett said he would recommend a plea deal for Nelson that includes the legendary country artist singing his 1975 hit "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain." The courtroom performance would serve as his community service, he said.

He would also ask for Nelson to pay a $100 fine and court costs, he said. The sentenced could also be deferred, which means it would fall off his criminal record after 30 days of good behavior, he said.
    2010: Nelson: Pot will be legal one day
    2010: Willie Nelson talks smoking pot

Pot smoking on Nelson's bus is no secret, Bramblett said. "They got a song out that says 'I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.'"
    Rest of article
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Originally posted by Exodus259
    Just wow. So the Attorney publicly just stated because it is Willie Nelson, that he won't do anything. How is that fair to ANYONE else who has been hit with drug charges?? I'm really tired of these celebrities getting away with everything.
    Fairness rarely coexists with personal use marijuana charges...

...that said, this whole encounter was pretty stupid on Willie's part. Whether you support the laws or not, attempting to cross the US/Mexican border with it in this day and age is just dumb.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

...that said, this whole encounter was pretty stupid on Willie's part. Whether you support the laws or not, attempting to cross the US/Mexican border with it in this day and age is just dumb.
      Willie has probably gotten a pass on it for so long that the idea he'd have any trouble with BP probably never even crossed his mind. I guess being an American icon has that affect on people.
      He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
      shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
      - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Six members of his band/tour were busted for moonshine and marijuana in NC. I don't know what came of those charges. He cancelled the show that night, though.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

^^probably couldn't preform without it......
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Hell with all Charley Sheen drug binge coverage and subsequent melt down, topped off by the latest with Lindsey I totally forgot that Willy is a pot head.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

At least Willie is mellow... Id rather see him do something more constructive like teach guitar playing to a bunch of blind deaf mutes...
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                busted for moonshine...in NC. .
                Is that still illegal????
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  GA Senate Bill 114:

Distilling bill moves forward

Sen. Johnny Grant, R-Milledgeville, got a bill passed that clears up any questions about whether or not licensed distilling of liquor out of grains is legal in Georgia.

Senate Bill 114, will help the state's nascent craft distilling industry. 13th Colony Distillery in Americus is already making vodka and other liquors, and four other businesses are in the process of getting licenses and buying equipment.

One of those businesses is in Grant's district and pointed out that the language in Georgia's laws about distilling was unclear, especially when it came to distilling grains.

It was a minor adjustment to law, but got some attention because of the debate around the Sunday alcohol sales legislation. Grant's bill passed 54-1

$13.50 per gallon in federal tax and $3.79 in state tax...

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-poli...aw-860957.html
                  Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

^
                    ...so let me re-quote.

I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

^
                      ...so let me re-quote.
                      You cannot legally distill 1 drop without a federal license.

Bill
                      Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

He wasn't crossing the border. Border Patrol checkpoints are on major routes that lead further into the interior from border areas, inside the US. When you cross the border through a port of entry you normally have zero delings with the US Border Patrol. For the most part, you deal with the Border Patrol when you try to cross where you're not supposed to, or at the checkpoints.
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                          Just wow. So the Attorney publicly just stated because it is Willie Nelson, that he won't do anything. How is that fair to ANYONE else who has been hit with drug charges?? I'm really tired of these celebrities getting away with everything.
                          That's actually more than the average person would get sentenced to around here for simple possession.
                          Originally posted by kontemplerande
                          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I bet Willie is high right now!!! Maybe the judge should make him put on free concert for the DARE or Counteract program. That would be more fitting

Comment

willie

Originally posted by k950 View Post
                              I bet Willie is high right now!!! Maybe the judge should make him put on free concert for the DARE or Counteract program. That would be more fitting
                              already did alot of charities. he donated millions to poor farmers. i think thats why he got the slack. i like him,tho he got his own problems.
                              break censorship chains

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4969 users online. 304 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X