Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO Cell Phone Apps

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded to the Smartphone world and I'm getting familiar with these cell phone apps. I've found only one usefull LEO cell phone app for work purposes. If you have a suggestion or know where I can locate cell phone apps for work, please let me know.

Thanks,

It all depends on what kind of phone you have. I have miranda, a scanner app that has a lot of channels I don't have on my handheld, and the entirety of the Arkansas Revised Statutes in searchable form, which are available for iphone.
    The academy teaches you skills, the street gives you experience, but it all comes down to your instinct.

Comment

Search the itunes store - if you have an iPhone. Some interesting apps come up, but I haven't tried many of them.

I have my state's statutes app and a police scanner app. But that's about it.

Comment

look for one called U.S. Cop

It has case law, miranda, LE spanish, DUI reminders, news, training articles, and even links to drug identification pictures

Comment

A useful one I have is a voice translator.

Essentially, you select language to translate to, speak to it in your tongue, and it bounces out in the persons tongue, then lets them speak, and it comes back in English.

Some guy was speaking Russian (it auto detects) and it helped me out. I woulda been totally clueless.
          NYPD
          Exam Taken 10/31/09
          Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
          List Number: 5xx

PPB
          Exam: Passed
          PAT: Passed
          Oral Board: Passed
          Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
          Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

oh wow, that sounds like a an awesome app, Phouse
            dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I have the I phone

ERG
              HazRef2008 (it is up to date)
              critical speed (accident investigations)
              min speed (accident investigations)
              crash investigations (accident investigation, also has some DOT information)
              state codes
              convert units
              note calc (for doing formulas)
              police one (because if it was O.com, you'd never see the information )
              amber alert (mostly so I can have a decent color picture)
              epocrates (for looking up pills it gives the uses for the drugs, and you can look pills up with descriptions)
              dictionary
              GPS drive
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4517 users online. 274 members and 4243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X