300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
    I thought a lot of officers in rural areas like that carried rifles for situations like that.

Either way the actual deed wouldn't be the problem. The problem would come from tree-huggers. "What do you mean he shot the cow? He should have called a veterinarian to come help the cow and closed the road until the cow was OK!"
    One guy I knew used a 22 magnum rifle to slaughter all kinds of meat animals, the one thing the rifle allows is getting the muzzle where it needs to be without YOU getting close enough to the animal to be harmed, or less likely of being harmed anyway.

I guess they should put large animals and how dangerous they are in the same required training class with ag chemicals, lots of people do not have nearly enough respect for a large scared animal made mostly of muscle, even a deer can and will kill you, and there is a lot less weight and muscle there than a cow has.

Bill
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Instead of talking about tree-huggers, perhaps we should honor the dead.

RIP Officer.

Comment

Originally posted by S&WGUY! View Post
        Easier said than done unfortunately. A pistol bullet would have to be very carefully placed to kill a cow.
        +1. From experience, a .223 barely does any damage to cows, let alone an anemic pistol bullet. A well placed slug will do the trick, but even that has to be properly placed on those monsters.

I've seen wounded cows charge at officers before, even with a dozen .40's in them.

RIP brother.
        \

Comment

You know, suddenly the Cow’s in LE jokes we toss around here are no longer funny. RIP Officer
          Ain't that the truth. Man I thought the same thing when I read this story. RIP Brother.. Thoughts & Prayers to his family.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post

RIP Officer.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^+1
            “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
            -Chief Wiggum

Comment

We had a Deputy who was pretty badly injured after he was stomped on by a cow. The attack was relentless and luckily his partner scared it off when he shot at it (and missed).

Cows are actually more aggressive than bulls in many instances.

RIP Deputy.
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                I would have never expected a cow to do that, a bull maybe. RIP Officer.
                My brother in law is a dairy farmer....................he has been hurt numerous times by the cows....................and only a couple times by the bulls (because he is more careful around then)
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post

RIP Officer.
                  I can multitask

Honoring the dead does not mean stifling discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                    Ain't that the truth. Man I thought the same thing when I read this story. RIP Brother.. Thoughts & Prayers to his family.
                    Same here too. First thought was how often we make jokes about the cows. Second thought was the suffering the officer's family and friends are enduring. My heart goes out to them.
                    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

RIP deputy.

Being attacked by a cow is scary as shet! I still have a scar by my left ear from when I was in the 5th grade. It's much harder to see now but it's still there. Also got some fractured ribs from it.
                      When the cow lowered it's head I grabbed her by the horns and made a futile attempt to push her away. The next thing I know I was being tossed around and holding on for dear life. Then the cow stopped and pushed me into the fence which is where I got the scar and the fractured ribs.
                      That following weekend the cow was taken to the butcher. As for shooting a cow. I remember my dad using a .308 rifle just several feet away from it. The first shot apparently missed the desired spot and just ****ed her off. It was his hunting rifle and he had a scope on it. The second shot got her between the eyes and she fell like a ton of bricks. DRT!
                      Talk about eating good... nothing like a freezer full of hamburger, steaks and roasts etc.

Comment

A guy I know grew up on a farm and said that they used a .22 rifle to put down cows. One shot every time, right where a X intersects from the ears to eyes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5147 users online. 343 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X