Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another loss, but not an evil person but a cow

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20796-de...robert-britton

TYLER, Texas — An East Texas deputy has died of head injuries suffered when he was attacked by an injured cow while he directed traffic around the half-ton animal.
    Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith says Deputy Robert Britton of Tyler died Monday at East Texas Medical Center in Tyler, where he'd been since the incident early Thursday near Bullard, 95 miles southeast of Dallas and 15 miles south of Tyler.
    Smith had said the 54-year-old deputy had responded to a report of a stray cow struck by a vehicle and was directing traffic on Farm Road 344 when the cow charged him. He says Britton was knocked into the air and landed head-first on the pavement before the animal continued the attack until other deputies rescued Britton.
    Smith says the cow was euthanized

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7494779.html

Very sad, I know Texans love their beef and cows but wish the officer shot the cow first. Blessing to his family and friends.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

I wish I could edit the Title, sorry that was really bad grammar.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

RIP, Deputy Britton.

Best wishes to the family.
      “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
      -Chief Wiggum

Comment

I would have never expected a cow to do that, a bull maybe. RIP Officer.

Comment

Rip...............

Comment

Instead of directing traffic around it, he should have put it out of it's misery. Any injured or diseased animal is a threat.
            Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
              Instead of directing traffic around it, he should have put it out of it's misery. Any injured or diseased animal is a threat.
              Easier said than done unfortunately. A pistol bullet would have to be very carefully placed to kill a cow.

Comment

Behind the jaw bone.......

Any injured animal is a threat.

My prayers for the family. RIP Officer.

Comment

You know, suddenly the Cow’s in LE jokes we toss around here are no longer funny. RIP Officer.
                  It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

How sad,, I don't think I can ever remember a officer losing his life due to a animal.
                    Retired LASD

Comment

RIP. I almost shot several cows in the Arizona desert. Those things are next to impossible to see at night and don't do anything till you are right up on em. I had the snot scared out of me more then once while looking for a suspect that was hiding and the stupid cow rustles the bushes right behind me. They would always just glare at me then walk the other direction. If they had done anything to the contrary I would have unloaded 13 rounds of .40 S&W into its behind then reloaded and kept on going. Then my station would have had a nice BBQ as I am also a journeyman butcher.

RIP Brother. Prayers for you, your family and your agency. I too wish you had shot it.....
                      The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                      I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                      Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

That happened in the county next to mine. We get alot of loose cattle calls, and have made jokes about getting the grill ready, barbecue sauce, etc, but it will be a while before we make those jokes again. I think many would be truly suprised just how dumb those animals are. One of the oil rigs I do security for had alot of cattle. 3 would routinely walk up to the guard shack and eat the plastic bins we used to hold the fuel cans, and one even chewed through the extension cord. I'd have to run them off several times a shift, actually throwing and hitting them with my batton. From what it sounds, most likely, the cattle, although injured, was walking around. We usually just stay in the car and hit the siren and air horn and drive them back into their property.

RIP.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by S&WGUY! View Post
                          Easier said than done unfortunately. A pistol bullet would have to be very carefully placed to kill a cow.
                          I thought a lot of officers in rural areas like that carried rifles for situations like that.

Either way the actual deed wouldn't be the problem. The problem would come from tree-huggers. "What do you mean he shot the cow? He should have called a veterinarian to come help the cow and closed the road until the cow was OK!"

Comment

The problem would come from tree-huggers.

I can only hope for 2 senerios:

1. Our country wakes up and stops this PC Bullcr*p. It's going to destroy our nation. You are correct this officer probably would have been investigated if he had shot that animal.

2. Our nation breaks into 2 different nations, 1 conservative and the other liberal. That's the only future I see...RIP officer...

Comment

Originally posted by Stpn2me View Post
                              The problem would come from tree-huggers.

I can only hope for 2 senerios:

1. Our country wakes up and stops this PC Bullcr*p. It's going to destroy our nation. You are correct this officer probably would have been investigated if he had shot that animal.

2. Our nation breaks into 2 different nations, 1 conservative and the other liberal. That's the only future I see...RIP officer...
                              I vote for #1. I really wish this country could get into the mindset it was about 40 years ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 167 members and 4318 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X