Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father goes nuts on SF Muni bus - 8/10/2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRrQrjGgNc

What do you all think of this? Guy makes a big scene, accusing another rider of "assaulting his child". Watch till the end, when the lady interjects and tells her account, which doesn't involve an assault on a child but a irritated patron telling an unruly kid to shut the hell up.

I really hope this d-bag had the whole thing backfire on him and faces charges of false police report. My question is; whats the worst that could happen to him? This type of behavior has to be deterred somehow.

What did the police do?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRrQrjGgNc

What do you all think of this? Guy makes a big scene, accusing another rider of "assaulting his child". Watch till the end, when the lady interjects and tells her account, which doesn't involve an assault on a child but a irritated patron telling an unruly kid to shut the hell up.

I really hope this d-bag had the whole thing backfire on him and faces charges of false police report. My question is; whats the worst that could happen to him? This type of behavior has to be deterred somehow.

The 31 Balboa goes right thru the Filmore Dist. He wasn't making a scene at all...he was just conversating on the phone. If he thinks the guy "assaulted" his child....he has the right to call the po-lice. Po-lice arrived..prolly got the whole story and the assault was more than likely unfounded. 242 unfounded...10-8 adjusted prior to arrival.

It isn't a false police report...

What type of behavior needs to be deterred?
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Well, judging from this video, with a good lawyer that guy accused will not be charged. I do not have a opinion, seeing as the incident was not caught on film. But, if a fellow civilian, who was sitting next to the child, says nothing happened. I am inclined to agree, seeing as she has nothing to gain. And actually, is rather heroic, if what she says is true.

I am sorry, if someone assaulted my child, in front of me. The police would be called for a different reason.
        Last edited by jason860; 03-27-2011, 10:46 PM.
        Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
        ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
        ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
        — Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          It isn't a false police report...

What type of behavior needs to be deterred?
          I guess I saw if differently. The dad kinda admits that there was no crime when he says well no one should have the right to correct my(unruly and ill-mannered) child, yet he continues pushing the issue.

As I see it he knew damn well no crime had been commited yet he summons the police to make the false allegations. How is it not a false police report?

I lived in SF for about five years. Anyone else that has lived there for a while knows how this really went down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
            I guess I saw if differently. The dad kinda admits that there was no crime when he says well no one should have the right to correct my(unruly and ill-mannered) child, yet he continues pushing the issue.

As I see it he knew damn well no crime had been commited yet he summons the police to make the false allegations. How is it not a false police report?

I lived in SF for about five years. Anyone else that has lived there for a while knows how this really went down.
            The crime of filing a false police report is very specific.....and this aint it for a long shot.

Its not even the crime of a 'false report of an emergency' either.

No one is going to bother wasting even one sheet of paper on incidents like this, because if we did, that is all we would be doing all day.

I would say only about 5% of generated calls are actually emergencies.....and very very few are what people should be calling the police for at all.
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I find the YouTube viewer comments almost as entertaining as the video itself.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I would like the father to be charged with holding people prisoner as he refused to let them off the bus. not really, the man is an idiot.
                Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Judging from the reaction of the dad, he never saw the guy "assault" his kid. Also judging from his reaction, he, and his kid probably needed to be thrown through the bus window. This is why I will never take public transportation, even if it ever catches on in Houston...

Comment

Big Islander- Born and raised in SF.

L-1- that made me chuckle also....they've since edited the posts.

Just another day on Muni.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4337 users online. 271 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X