300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapper Ja Rule pleads guilty to tax evasion

The story is incorrect in characterizing the offense of conviction as tax evasion.

http://www.ktla.com/entertainment/sn...tory?track=rss

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rapper Ja Rule pleaded guilty on Tuesday to failing to file tax returns and promised to pay more than $1 million in back taxes and penalties, the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Jersey said.

Ja Rule, whose original name is Jeffrey Atkins, 35, pleaded guilty in Newark federal court to three counts of failing to file a tax return, from 2004 through 2008, even though he was making money from royalties and live tours.

The Grammy-nominated rapper and New Jersey resident agreed to pay the government more than $1.1 million in tax debts, plus penalties imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, according to federal prosecutors.

"Each of us must pay our fair share to keep this country going," U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said in a statement.

U.S. federal judge Patty Shwartz set bail at $500,000 and permitted Atkins' release pending sentencing scheduled for June 13. He faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison on each count.

In December, Atkins was sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to a weapons possession charge stemming from a 2007 incident in which he was pulled over by police who discovered a semi-automatic handgun hidden in his luxury car.

He has appeared in several films, most notably "The Fast and the Furious" and "Scary Movie 3".
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

HAHAHAHA!!

He can join Wesley Snipes!!! How do you millionaires eff that up???
    Funny, though, how senators and congress can get away with it and just pay it up to make it go away
    (Claire McCaskill, John Kerry.....Im looking in your direction)
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Are you sure he's a rapper, DAL?
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        Are you sure he's a rapper, DAL?
        My investigation is already under way I'll post my findings later

LOL Just kidding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2606 users online. 124 members and 2482 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X