Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female Muslim LEOs wearing hijabs in the US?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to type a long response to this... but it's hard when dealiing with PC idiots that don't understand what's going on in this country and WHY we are losing those cherished rights.

It's pretty ****ing sad when cops can't even be trusted to wear a uniform anymore without demanding to stand out by wearing what they think is their right. As was pointed out, it's a UNIFORM. Deal with it or don't. It's not about you, it's about doing the fukinig job!!! NO religion anywhere demands that you wear their "stuff" 24 hours a day. There is ALWAYS a loophole. Once you open the door, you can't close it. That's why cops today look like pos doushebags from a movie.
    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
        That was my argument, law enforcement officers should wear a standard uniform based on regulated standards. Hijabs, turbans, etc are not part of that standard hence they can't be worn. Of course, several of my fellow students told me I was being intolerant ...
        Your class mates who say that have no place in law enforcement.
        "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
          Don't worry, under republican rule, all LEOs will be white males due to reverse discrimination.
          No, not "just white males" ,but White males who are blond, blue eyed, NON catholic( you Irish and scots - Irish, and hard working Italians fellah' from NE states and New York need not apply)/ or - dare I say, "jewish" ( duuh, h'yuck- dem' dare judiacs fellers' done kill'ded mah' lord an' savior- JEE -sus Christ ona' pogo stick), and only of the purest aryan ( which in reality, would make them INDIAN ) breeding stock! Oh, and you cannot be gay, and must be willing to swear a blood oath to a one testicle having, failed artist and meth freak.... Amerikka uber alles..!!!

Problem solved, no more bigoted coments, no worry about mud folks protecting and serving, no beards or burkhas...Thread over and DEAD..........
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
            No, not "just white males" ,but White males who are blond, blue eyed, NON catholic( you Irish and scots - Irish, and hard working Italians fellah' from NE states and New York need not apply)/ or - dare I say, "jewish" ( duuh, h'yuck- dem' dare judiacs fellers' done kill'ded mah' lord an' savior- JEE -sus Christ ona' pogo stick), and only of the purest aryan ( which in reality, would make them INDIAN ) breeding stock! Oh, and you cannot be gay, and must be willing to swear a blood oath to a one testicle having, failed artist and meth freak.... Amerikka uber alles..!!!

Problem solved, no more bigoted coments, no worry about mud folks protecting and serving, no beards or burkhas...Thread over and DEAD..........
            BTW- when that happens- there'll be NO more republicans, as that will be thought of as wimpy "democracy" and most - conservatives will be hearded into those "re-education camps" FOX news was saying Obama would create....
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post

Cross apply my previous (ignored) reply.

You seem to have serious anger issues, and sound quite bigoted for someone espousing such an enlightened perspective...

Comment

maybe this will convince you..

jesus never rule over a people,tribe or government,
                mohammed did.

jesus never formed an army, mohammed was a warlord.

jesus never married, mohammed had 11 wives in all.

jesus never declared war against "the infidel" or disbeliever, mohammed did many, many times.

jesus never declared war with intention of taking women to rape or to take booty, mohammed did.

jesus abrogated the stoning of adulterers, mohammed reintroduced it with zeal.

jesus never tortured somebody to death with fire, mohammed did.

jesus never dictated imperatives to kill disbelievers, mohammed did.

jesus never killed prisoner of war, mohammed did.

jesus respected woman(to an extent), mohammed treated them as property, slaves and sex slaves.

jesus never raped a 9 years old, mohammed did(at 54).

jesus never ordered an assasination, mohammed did.

jesus said to turn your cheek and love your enemies, mohammed said kill the infidels many times.

jesus never maimed, mohammed severed hands and feet and ordered floggings.

jesus never mandate execution for people who change their religion, mohammed did.

jesus was a victim, mohammed was a victimizer.

Christianity is a way of life where people try to live like jesus, Islam is a way of life where people try to live like mohammed the slave owner.

now tell me, would the world be better off if people tried to live like jesus ?

can any sane person tell me why would it be better for someone to live like mohammed and not live like jesus ?

outlaw islam. it's not an religion. it's satan pretending as God imposing his rules on humans.
                break censorship chains

Comment

That's a cute little pile of crap you copied from somewhere that likes to ignore a serious amount of information that contradicts their agenda. Using Christianity as a basis to trash Islam is about as laughable as you can get. Both religions have atrocities that mirror each other. The only difference between the two is that a larger portion of Christians have moved to moderation or "selective Christianity" while Islam has grown a massive fundamentalist and extremist sect. Their actions are nothing new and have been going on for centuries.

Unless you ignore the whole "trinity" belief, Jesus is guilty of almost every crime you blast Mohammad/Islam with.
                  I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

It surprises me to see people bashing Islam who apparently believe in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights...

What if the shoe was on the other foot? what if America was an Islamic nation and Christians were trying to immigrate there. Imagine for a moment that every time you tried to take your family to church you were booed and spat on, shouted at and intimidated, all because members of the Westboro Baptist Church flew airliners into the World Trade Centers and claimed to represent all Christians by doing so. Would that be fair? would you want your children growing up in that hate-filled environment? Would you want them to outlaw Christianity because of the extreme members of the faith? No, that's not how America works. Freedom of Religion, its right there in Amendment 1.

on the idea of hijabs, I'm not sure if they are logical police-wear, and I think it is up to debate, but not for religious reasons, but simply for safety and uniformity's sake. This should not be an argument on the validity of Islam, but on the practicality of certain clothing in a professional law enforcement situation.
                    -2Adam29... 10-8. Code-7

Comment

Wow I'm still speechless of some of the responses here from fellow cops......

If Jesus would show up right now this very second do you think he would applaud the U.S. for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                        Wow I'm still speechless of some of the responses here from fellow cops......

If Jesus would show up right now this very second do you think he would applaud the U.S. for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?
                        The Christian God/Jesus is responsible for much more oppression of foreign nations, races, and religions than the US is in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention, if Jesus did show up right now, it would kind of make the whole "bashing other religions" thing a bit mute... seeing how Jesus showing up would confirm that Christianity is legit. Unless, of course, Allah was standing next to him... then you'd be in a hell of situation.

Most importantly, the wars aren't over religion. Yes, you can trace their root cause to religion but you can do that with just about anything if you use enough circular reasoning.

Besides, this thread isn't about that... it's about uniformity. We're a flexible nation but if we keep bending to every will and whim of every special interest group, we'll break. It's coming, and it's coming quickly. If your adherence to bronze aged desert scribblings mandates that you wear particular garb, then it's on you to find a career that suits it... not the other way around.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

Precisely,..nail on the head

Besides, this thread isn't about that... it's about uniformity. We're a flexible nation but if we keep bending to every will and whim of every special interest group, we'll break. It's coming, and it's coming quickly. If your adherence to bronze aged desert scribblings mandates that you wear particular garb, then it's on you to find a career that suits it... not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank you sir, for weeding out the nonsense out of this issue.
                          Last edited by jason860; 03-30-2011, 01:13 AM.
                          Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                          ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                          ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                          — Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by 2Adam29 View Post
                            It surprises me to see people bashing Islam who apparently believe in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights...
                            Wierd. never seen bill of rights and islam in the same sentence let alone an insinuation that they could co-exist. stupid nick berg. all he had to do was wave a bill of rights in front of his captors and hed still have his head. oh well....
                            Originally posted by crass cop
                            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                              The Christian God/Jesus is responsible for much more oppression of foreign nations, races, and religions than the US is in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention, if Jesus did show up right now, it would kind of make the whole "bashing other religions" thing a bit mute... seeing how Jesus showing up would confirm that Christianity is legit. Unless, of course, Allah was standing next to him... then you'd be in a hell of situation. .
                              The point I was making is that everyone deems Islam as being bad however if the fundamentals of Christianity were applied and Jesus showed up I don't think he would be agreeing with wars. Its hypocritical IMHO.

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                              Besides, this thread isn't about that... it's about uniformity. We're a flexible nation but if we keep bending to every will and whim of every special interest group, we'll break. It's coming, and it's coming quickly. If your adherence to bronze aged desert scribblings mandates that you wear particular garb, then it's on you to find a career that suits it... not the other way around.
                              Wearing an ACU cover is uniformity. Allowing religious covers when it poses no threat to the wearer or to you shouldn't be banned on that note. The responses against it seem to have more of a hidden agenda and biased. Again other western and non western nations have allowed it; why should we be different.

Originally posted by 2Adam29 View Post
                              on the idea of hijabs, I'm not sure if they are logical police-wear, and I think it is up to debate, but not for religious reasons, but simply for safety and uniformity's sake. This should not be an argument on the validity of Islam, but on the practicality of certain clothing in a professional law enforcement situation.
                              +1 However one could argue that women should be required to have short hair the same as male officers for those reasons.
                              Last edited by That Guy; 03-30-2011, 05:01 AM.
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

The point I was making is that everyone deems Islam as being bad however if the fundamentals of Christianity were applied and Jesus showed up I don't think he would be agreeing with wars. Its hypocritical IMHO.
                                The Bible clearly states that Jesus and God are the same person. John 10:30, James 1:17, etc. That being said, God commanded the obliteration of entire nations to include their women, children, livestock etc... "you shall save alive nothing that breathes, you shall devote them to complete destruction" He commanded this to happen to more than 7 nations of people. While Jesus may have come across as a peace loving hippy, his father (who he is... whatever) obviously has no issue with war or the destruction of an entire people. Most of his commandments for them to be destroyed were over property for the Israelites. Not to mention, the return of Jesus to earth in revelation is full of war and carnage. Jesus’ second coming will be exceedingly violent. Revelation 19:11-21 describes the ultimate war with Christ, the conquering commander who judges and makes war “with justice” (v. 11). It’s going to be bloody (v. 13) and gory. The birds will eat the flesh of all those who oppose Him (v. 17-18). He has no compassion upon His enemies, whom He will conquer completely and consign to a “fiery lake of burning sulfur” (v. 20). If you apply fundamentalist Christianity to it, he'd probably come back and ask why we haven't just whipped them off the map.

Wearing an ACU cover is uniformity. Allowing religious covers when it poses no threat to the wearer or to you shouldn't be banned on that note. The responses against it seem to have more of a hidden agenda and biased. Again other western and non western nations have allowed it; why should we be different.
                                You say it yourself "have allowed it." Inferring a deviation from the uniform. Having the same pattern camouflage or uniform is not uniformity. If you can't wear a kevlar because your have a turban on, you're not uniform. If you have a beard (for non-medical reasons.. which is hardly considered a beard) you're not uniform. If you must cover your head and face or ankles and elbows, you are not uniform. Allowing these things for select people destroys the idea of uniformity. Sure, we can allow it... but where does it stop? My religion states that I must wear a Voltron suit every Monday and Thursday while consuming approximately 12 grams of peyote. We allow that for other religions, why not mine? You see where I'm going? Sure, it's extreme, but it's not far from where we're at now.

It comes down to the individual. Everyone is responsible for their choices in life. If you choose to strictly adhere to a particular religious practice, then it is on you to make sacrifices in careers that do not conform... it is not on them to conform to you. But for some reason, everyone in America feels the world revolves around them and they have their "right" to do whatever they want. Somehow, I don't think the founding fathers were considering things this trivial when they made the bill of rights. It's too easy... if it doesn't work for you and your religion, find a different line of work. You don't see Muslims lining up to work at slaughterhouses because it conflicts with their beliefs, are they going to ask the slaughterhouse to stop processing pigs because they want a job?

+1 However one could argue that women should be required to have short hair the same as male officers for those reasons.[/QUOTE]
                                - Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4640 users online. 273 members and 4367 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X