Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female Muslim LEOs wearing hijabs in the US?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Muslim LEOs wearing hijabs in the US?

I realize that this is something that could have been posted in various areas of the forum but I wanted to post it here as I feel it would be more visible.

We were discussing the issue of LEOs wearing turbans in my criminal justice class and this led to a discussion about what do female Muslim LEOs do. Nobody in the class, including the professor has ever heard of a female Muslim LEO in the US. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Muslim female LEO here in the US? If so do they wear a hijab while on duty much like a male Sikh officer would wear a turban? I am asking about the United States. I am aware that female Muslim officers are somewhat common the UK, Australia, and other British Commonwealth countries.

under this administration, nothing would surprise me
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Hey.. In my 9 years on the job never have seen in suburbs or city of philly! I have met / worked with sourounding police agencies, CO's, FBI, CIA, Sheriffs, etc and have never seen personally.. Doesn't mean that someone else has not seen it..

Comment

No female Muslim LEO's. Their fathers or husbands won't allow it.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

are you saying " fathers or husbands wouldn't allow them to be LEO's? wowowowowow if thats what you mean, I am happy to be a what I am and not having someone in my family tell me what I can or cant do! forget that kind of life style!

Comment

Female Muslim police officers exist in the US.

http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawd...ale-cops-.html

That is a good example of a known issue with the head dress they normally wear if they are a police officer in the US. But widely they stay out of the light for whatever reason.

Comment

I believe it was a problem for the US military also, since they wanted to wear hijabs under helmets and it didn't work right.

I don't think you should be able to wear anything that drastically alters your appearance based on uniform standards.

Comment

would never happen where I live and work. Atleast not a female wearing the headgear. I have never seen one but where I work it would be an enormous distraction. Not from my dept as people would remain professional regardless of personal feelings, but the public that I serve would give her ZERO respect. She would catch hell on the most basic complaints. People can say well the law protects her well when they disrespect her and or go farther trust me they could care less about what a law says. I could see her having to be dismissed off alot of complaints because the public will refuse to deal with her. As for that we can say what we want but the truth is we work for the public. It just would never fly where I live and work, although it might thrive somewhere else, but in southern Louisiana, not a chance.
                Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

If I ever get pulled over by someone in a turban, I'm sorry but I ain't stoppin'.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                    If I ever get pulled over by someone in a turban, I'm sorry but I ain't
                    stoppin'.

It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

NYPD Future Roll call:

Ok, Roll Call! Listen Up!

Akbar, Sector 2 with Admadinijad!

Qadaffi, Sector 3 with Talibanisey!

Ok Ladies! STFU!

Today we have 2 volunteers testing the new Burka Cams delivered free to us by Obama Enterprises. Make sure youre using them whenever you encounter a white guy.

And since you gals are experts at identifying terrorists, Cagnybar and Laceymed will be on Anti-Terror crime today. Remember, we're looking for blonde haired blue eyed white females between 15 and 26.

Lets do it to them before they do it to us!

That is All.....
                      Originally posted by crass cop
                      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                        I believe it was a problem for the US military also, since they wanted to wear hijabs under helmets and it didn't work right.

I don't think you should be able to wear anything that drastically alters your appearance based on uniform standards.
                        That was my argument, law enforcement officers should wear a standard uniform based on regulated standards. Hijabs, turbans, etc are not part of that standard hence they can't be worn. Of course, several of my fellow students told me I was being intolerant ...

Comment

See how they 'tolerate' getting punched in the face. If they whine, just say, "youre being so intolerant".
                          Originally posted by crass cop
                          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

If the women are religious enough to wear a burka, they will NOT work outside of the home because their fathers or husbands will not give them permission. And if, per chance, they did become police officers, they could only talk to women....otherwise they would get stoned for talking to a man who is not a relative.

Yeah, that would go far in today's American society.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Smurfette
                            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                            Originally posted by DAL
                            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

the "muslim women" in LE are gonna' be NO different from the Muslim men in LE- most are AMERICAN, and the few that became citizens and decided to do "american things", ( like play american sports, do public service) tend to be moderate to liberal in their associations with NON muslims- just the way CATHOLICS ,PROTESTANTS,JEWS and *** uuuggghhh*** Atheist officers are!!!) We had one going thru the process with my dept some years back- she made the academy but dropped due to injury, and decided not to return. Her family was conservative 1st generation folks, yet they happily supported her. I think the depts could accomodate the conservative clothing with some modifications- That female officer would probably wear long sleeves alot, and maybe wear a tight head covering that wouldn't be tactically an issue( Saw a young, conservative muslim women wearing a lycra balaclava like item to run track with her form fitting running suit -she had a "smokin' body" outline, but she was technically "covered"!!!)

I don't see a big deal- if "she" is on the job, apparently she's her to DO the job, and will take the same chances as you. All you can ask of a partner now in L.E. is that they back you up, and do their jobs.
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4193 users online. 202 members and 3991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X