300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIS - In the lobby of North Platte, NE Police Department

No officers reportedly injured.....................

North Platte Police Dept
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Some of my fellow cops in my precinct don't carry while processing arrests while in the stationhouse. Instances like these are the reason why i'm always armed even when i'm doing paperwork at the stationhouse.

Comment

Family wonders if he could not have been subdued instead of shot.
      Officials say Marlon Leroy Johnson walked into the lobby, brandishing a knife and threatening officers.
      Do people seriously not understand how much damage a knife can actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue NY 85 View Post
        Some of my fellow cops in my precinct don't carry while processing arrests while in the stationhouse. Instances like these are the reason why i'm always armed even when i'm doing paperwork at the stationhouse.
        I recall that several years ago a PG County officer was killed with his own gun while processing a prisoner. Cuff and thoroughly search him just like you would in the field, get him in the jail, and then process him.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

DAL, we don't process at a jail, we process at our agency. We are required by policy to lock our firearms up prior to unhandcuffing the prisoner (who is also wearing shackles) and handcuffs are only removed to print and then put back on. Policy also requires two Officers and the door must be shut.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Ahhhh Mr Johnson walked into the lobby at 02:30 on Friday night with a knife and threatened the officers, it wasn't an arrest/process situation.

Anybody can walk into an "open public" lobby with any thing. Regardless of the sign's telling them what not to bring into the facility.
            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/...a478509175.txt

The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office has released the name of the 60-year-old man who entered the North Platte Police Department in the early morning hours of March 25, attacked two police officers and was subsequently shot and killed.

According to Lincoln County Chief Deputy Sheriff Dean Sparks, Marlon Leroy Johnson walked into the North Platte Police Department at approximately 2:30 a.m. on March 25 and started a fire in a paper-recycling bin. Johnson stood by until two officers arrived, at which time Johnson is said to have immediately challenged and then attacked the officers.

Both officers first drew their taser guns. Johnson was hit by both tasers, but continued forward undaunted. While pursuing the officers, Johnson drew two large knives, which ultimately led to the shooting.

Lincoln County District Court Donald Rowlands appointed a special prosecutor on Monday to convene a Grand Jury, which is required by state law in a law enforcement shooting. The sheriff’s office will present the findings of their investigation at the Grand Jury hearing, which has not yet been scheduled.

The names of the officers involved in the shooting have still not been released and have been placed on administrative leave pending further notice.
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lendog View Post
                Do people seriously not understand how much damage a knife can actually do?
                "Johnson's family wonders if the shooting could have been handled differently.

Family wonders if he could not have been subdued instead of shot."

They can "wonder" all they want, it doesn't change the fact this idiot presented an immediate threat to the officers' lives. The fact they (unsuccessfully) attempted to subdue him with their tasers, shows they had a reverence for human life and preferred to subdue him with less than lethal force. Too bad/so sad, but when that failed their survival depended upon deadly force. It's good to know they prevailed.
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3412 users online. 184 members and 3228 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X