Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Left in Lost & Found for 3 Weeks

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/activ...ry?id=13202135

In what appears to be a major security breach, components for a live bomb were allowed to remain in the federal building in Detroit for three weeks before the bomb squad was called in to remove it.

The Detroit Police Department bomb squad was finally called in March 18 to remove the device in the McNamara Federal Building, which houses the FBI, IRS and offices for Sen. Carl Levin. The pipe bomb device had apparently been discovered three weeks earlier by a building guard.

"A contract guard apparently saw this package outside on Feb. 26th," according to David Wright, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 918, which represents the Federal Protective Service Employees.

"Against all security protocols -- an unattended package should be treated with extreme caution -- he picked up that package and took it inside basically on the premise of 'lost and found' property. And apparently stored it. That was on Feb. 26. On March 18th, last Friday, someone got the idea to x-ray the package. At that point wires were seen... and it turned out to be a bomb."

The contract security guard has been suspended and in the coming days a special training team will be deployed to Detroit to re-train the building's security personnel on proper protocol, according to Chris Ortman, spokesman for Federal Protective Service.

see link for full story
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Pipe bombs? Meh, in Detroit we've got bigger problems to worry about.
    There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
    http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

Holy "Blown to bits" Batman!
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Some good police work...http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/24...ral-building/#
        Most important thing you and your partner do today is make off duty roll call.

There are very few problems which cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.

“Is there one G or two G’s in staggered?”

“You better put two he was pretty drunk.”

Comment

Great police work....bad article.

A. FPS does not guard Fed Buildings..... They oversee Contract Guards that do the guarding.....

B. FPS's budget is in shambles and they are low on Inspectors. Their budget needs infused with money so they can hire more Inspectors to oversee Guard contracts around the US..... Of all people, Hill-Dawg got some order to them when she was a Senator (mainly because they are Unionized) but they are still a mess. Perhaps it will take a incident like this....or an device actually going off before someone pulls their head out of their assses and gets them up to par to protect Federal Buildings/property under their jurisdiction......

Comment

Hey sarge, what is that ticking coming from the lost and found closet?
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

WOW.... I think the FED's should really do more screening on the people the companies they use hire... how dumb do you have to be? You work in a federal building and find a strange un attended package, so you pick it up and bring it inside!!!!!
              "I'm sorry, did you see my care face? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't show it to you becuase I DON'T care. Have a nice day. "

Comment

Doesn't Kingsman work in a Michigan federal building?
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I don't work Detroit unless they are short handed, and I have never worked at the Macnamara federal building.
                  Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for us Kingsman. We were wondering.

Comment

That's pretty scary. Thank god it didn't go off.
                      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3200 users online. 163 members and 3037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X