Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable seat belt reminder alarm in 2010 Charger?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable seat belt reminder alarm in 2010 Charger?

I just got issued a new 2010 Charger and I am trying to figure out how to disable the seat belt alarm. The manual is no help. Thanks for any info!
    "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

How about wear your seatbelt? :P
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Here's the link to the answer

This is perfect for when you want to sit and work on reports or something, but yeah... Wear your seat belt when you're moving.

Comment

Buckle the seat belt around back of the seat.
        The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
        I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
        Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

Or if the console allows room, buckle the passenger belt into the driver's side catch; IIRC, most car maker's since '09-'10 have linked the seatbelt latch to the transmission... If you ain't belted in you ain't going anywhere...
          "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left..."
          "I swear to God, I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'Shenanigans' !"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
            Buckle the seat belt around back of the seat.
            That way when the airbag fires when your out of position it rips your head right off ?

Bill
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

You pull the seatbelt across your chest and plug it in.

That will disable any alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                You pull the seatbelt across your chest and plug it in.

That will disable any alarms.
                There are plenty of scenarios where wearing a seatbelt is not warranted. I love rolling down the windows and creeping through the neighborhoods with the radio down low to see if I can sneak up on someone doing something they shouldn't and having my seatbelt off so I can jump out on 'em. So here I am .... creeping.... creeping.... creeping... BING BING BING BING BING BING.... creeping... creeping.... creeping .... BING BING BING BING BING BING.... creeping.

Seatbelt alarm gets little tiresome.

Comment

Non-LEO, so please don't bite my head off for trying to help! This came up the other day on my ride-along, so I thought I might pass it along.

Try a seat belt extender. You can take it with you in your patrol bag.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1405243...=263602_309572

It helps two ways: One, it eliminates the warning chime if you aren't wearing your seatbelt. Two, it allows you to unbuckle easier around your duty belt when wearing your belt.

Hope it helps...
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
                    I just got issued a new 2010 Charger and I am trying to figure out how to disable the seat belt alarm. The manual is no help. Thanks for any info!
                    1)begin with the key in any position except for on or start. buckle the driver seatbelt.
                    2)Turn the key to on but do not start. Wait for the seatbelt light to turn off.
                    3)within ten seconds, unbuckle and buckle the driver seatbelt at least three times.
                    4)turn the key to the lock position and wait for a single chime to indicate the program was successful.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyChicaga View Post
                      Non-LEO, so please don't bite my head off for trying to help! This came up the other day on my ride-along, so I thought I might pass it along.

Try a seat belt extender. You can take it with you in your patrol bag.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1405243...=263602_309572

It helps two ways: One, it eliminates the warning chime if you aren't wearing your seatbelt. Two, it allows you to unbuckle easier around your duty belt when wearing your belt.

Hope it helps...

This area of the forum is where you as an non LEO CAN answer questions
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by rfburns View Post

Comment

Originally posted by vfm208 View Post
                          There are plenty of scenarios where wearing a seatbelt is not warranted. I love rolling down the windows and creeping through the neighborhoods with the radio down low to see if I can sneak up on someone doing something they shouldn't and having my seatbelt off so I can jump out on 'em. So here I am .... creeping.... creeping.... creeping... BING BING BING BING BING BING.... creeping... creeping.... creeping .... BING BING BING BING BING BING.... creeping.

Seatbelt alarm gets little tiresome.
                          Which is exactly my point. I wear the thing, but when I am about to get out and need to get ready, its annoying as hell
                          "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Originally posted by rfburns View Post
                            Here's the link to the answer

This is perfect for when you want to sit and work on reports or something, but yeah... Wear your seat belt when you're moving.
                            lol. Didn't see this answer. Nice.

I had a charger and hated that noise so I disabled it. I also don't need a DING DING to remind me to put on pants, not touch fire, not run with scissors, clear a weapon or wear a helmet when on my motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              This area of the forum is where you as an non LEO CAN answer questions
                              I can't keep track of which sections are and are not LEO when I select "new posts", so I just need to play it safe.
                              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3574 users online. 227 members and 3347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X