Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Seagal, Sheriff Joe Raid Valley Home In Tank

http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html

PHOENIX -- Sheriff Joe Arpaio rolled out the tanks to take down a man suspected of cockfighting.

West Valley residents in the neighborhood are crying foul after armored vehicles, including a tank, rolled into their neighborhood to make the bust.

* VIDEO: Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank http://www.kpho.com/local-video/inde...deo_id=4600221

Neighbor Debra Ross was so worried she called 911 and went outside where a nearby home had its windows blown out, was crawling with dozens of SWAT members in full gear, armored vehicles and a bomb robot.

“When the tank came in and pushed the wall over and you see what's in there, and all it is, is a bunch of chickens,” Ross said.

In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting.

Llovera was alone in the house at the time of the arrest, and he was unarmed.

“I think taxpayers should be shocked,” said Robert Campus, Llovera’s attorney. Campus said he believes the operation costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Deputies had no probable cause to believe Llovera was armed or dangerous, according to Campus.

Campus said he believes the entire scene was basically a stage, to help actor Steven Seagal’s TV show, “Lawman.”

Seagal was riding in the tank.

The Sheriff’s Department has entered into a contract with Seagal and part of that contract gives Seagal carte blanche to go along with the sheriff as he arrests people.

Thousands of dollars in damages were made to the property and 115 birds were euthanized on the spot.

Llovera was convicted of a misdemeanor last year of attending a cockfight and has no history of owning weapons.

Yet the sheriff’s office said they had reasons to believe Llovera might be armed.

“We're going to err on the side of caution. We're going to make sure that we have the appropriate amount of force in case we do run into anything like that,” said Sgt. Jesse Spurgin.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

HMMMM don't know the full story, but it seems Joe may not like that his 15 minutes of FAME is up.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
      HMMMM don't know the full story, but it seems Joe may not like that his 15 minutes of FAME is up.
      just like the anti-palin folks that despite 'em....the 15 mins. will never be up as long as the vindictive obsession lets up from their opponents.

Comment

I think they should do this for drug deals and stuff, that's pretty cool, I mean if you're gonna roll 40 deep in the hood, might as well do it with tanks!

Comment

You think that was overkill you should see them on a taffic stop using that tank.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Steven Seagal is a joke. His show sucks!

Comment

why are they euthanizing the roosters "on the spot" when they are enforcing a law meant to protect said animals?

not that im crying for the chickens, its just that it seems to go against the spirit of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich2012 View Post
                why are they euthanizing the roosters "on the spot" when they are enforcing a law meant to protect said animals?

not that im crying for the chickens, its just that it seems to go against the spirit of the law
                There's not actually a law against killing the chickens, just against treating them cruelly. I hope that doesn't change, 'cause I love me some citrus-grill chicken!
                "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

For the neighborhood dolts that dont have a problem with cockfights going on in their neighborhood:

TANK:

NOT A TANK:

Originally posted by crass cop
                  Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Sheriff Joe actually has a great program that rehabilitates abused horses and dogs.
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

i was hoping to find the "tank" and expected and Abrams rolling through the house. some old woman confused an armored vehicle with a tank.
                      He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

It was definitely for the show.
                        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Did Segal use his super vision to see inside the house and locate the chickens.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Maybe Steph is so portly that a Suburban can't haul him anymore ?
                            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                              Maybe Steph is so portly that a Suburban can't haul him anymore ?
                              lmao. That made my morning.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5759 users online. 340 members and 5419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X