Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawrence Taylor gets an appropriate sentence, IMO.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Taylor gets an appropriate sentence, IMO.

Today LT got 6 years probation for having sex with an underage prostitute who was 16. Nancy disGrace, an embarrassment to prosecutors everywhere, is flipping because he got no jail time.

First, he didn't know she was 16. Legally that's not a defense but she's a paid whore who looks like she could be 19 or 20. Second, in the majority of states the age of consent is 16. New York is one of the few where the age of consent is 17.

Anyway, the "victim" was giving a press conference with her "victim's rights" attorney, Gloria Allred. She was talking about how she never did this before and how she was beaten up. Yeah, um, by her pimp, not LT. And of course LT should have known that this was her first time, right? Give me a damn break.

LT did wrong by patronizing prostitution and, technically, ingnorance isn't a legal defense with respect to knowledge of age. Therefore, he should get some punishment and did. Probation, is clearly appropriate.

I know I might get blasted for this but I just think it's a joke that Grace, Gloria Allred and Mark Klauss are calling for prison time and using words like "young child" and "little girl", as if he's a pedophile stalking kids at the playground.

Again, if this is across the river in NJ she's legal and he's only facing a misdemeanor for patronizing a prostitute.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Lots of ifs and or buts there. I just think it's weird that a grown man of his means needs someone 16, 17 or even 18. Or needs to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
      Lots of ifs and or buts there. I just think it's weird that a grown man of his means needs someone 16, 17 or even 18. Or needs to pay for it.
      I don't disagree. But it doesn't make him some sort of playground predator either.

Comment

And that brings me to the next thing...don't smoke crack.

Waterboy
        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

He must also register as a sex offender.

Comment

Nancy Grace is a joke. No wonder she isn't a prosecutor anymore. If she acted in trial like she does on TV, I wonder if she ever got any convictions.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
              Today LT got 6 years probation for having sex with an underage prostitute who was 16. Nancy disGrace, an embarrassment to prosecutors everywhere, is flipping because he got no jail time.

First, he didn't know she was 16. Legally that's not a defense but she's a paid whore who looks like she could be 19 or 20. Second, in the majority of states the age of consent is 16. New York is one of the few where the age of consent is 17.

Anyway, the "victim" was giving a press conference with her "victim's rights" attorney, Gloria Allred. She was talking about how she never did this before and how she was beaten up. Yeah, um, by her pimp, not LT. And of course LT should have known that this was her first time, right? Give me a damn break.

LT did wrong by patronizing prostitution and, technically, ingnorance isn't a legal defense with respect to knowledge of age. Therefore, he should get some punishment and did. Probation, is clearly appropriate.

I know I might get blasted for this but I just think it's a joke that Grace, Gloria Allred and Mark Klauss are calling for prison time and using words like "young child" and "little girl", as if he's a pedophile stalking kids at the playground.

Again, if this is across the river in NJ she's legal and he's only facing a misdemeanor for patronizing a prostitute.
              I brought up a question a long time ago on here asking about this because I know a kid who got jail time over a girl whom was underage but lied to him. And just like the cops in the thread said, ''If you don't know anything about the person you're banging, don't bang them.'' I used to think the same way as you, but that makes perfect sense. The fact he's even having sex with a prostitute who is full of diseases and what not probably is a clear sign he wouldn't really care if the girl really was underage because he doesn't care about his own health and whatnot.
              Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

I'm still too traumatized by his snapping Joe Thiesman's leg to worry about him tagging an underage hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
                  I brought up a question a long time ago on here asking about this because I know a kid who got jail time over a girl whom was underage but lied to him. And just like the cops in the thread said, ''If you don't know anything about the person you're banging, don't bang them.'' I used to think the same way as you, but that makes perfect sense. The fact he's even having sex with a prostitute who is full of diseases and what not probably is a clear sign he wouldn't really care if the girl really was underage because he doesn't care about his own health and whatnot.
                  You used to think the same way as me? And how would that be? Where am I condoning his actions? I am simply saying that while it's not an excuse, it's not on par with snatching kids from playgrounds and molesting them. Grace actually called him a child molester. I don't prosecute sex crimes but I know the ones in my office who do and they would never ask for prison time.

Also, if one argues that athletes get special treatment, isn't that more of a reason to give the guy a favorable plea, assuming that's what this is? If prosecutors and judges are known to go easy on athletes just remember what juries do (OJ). Imagine what the outcry would have been at a full jury acquittal.

Comment

I often wonder if any 14-17 year olds have ever been the subject of two trials. Lets say in one, the minor is the "victim" of the crime of consensual sex. In that one, the prosecutor will argue he/she was underage, too innocent to know the consequences, not old enough to make these types of judgement. Down the hall the same person is being tried as an adult for some serious crime. Only that prosecutor will argue that he/she is very close to the age of majority, not a "child" so he/she should have to pay the consequences and certainly old enough to make that judment call.

So which is it? You would think it can't be both, but in our judicial system its possible.

Btw, I hate Nancy Grace with a passion too. She is a predatory attention seeker that thrivess on other peoples misery. I really liked it when Elizabeth Smart told her off.

Comment

Nancy Grace is annoying and needs to disappear

I think probation is acceptable in this case

And always require two forms of ID before you bang someone.
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6317 users online. 336 members and 5981 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X