Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Brings Beer to DWI Court Appearance

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...419829.html?dr

A 49-year-old man is in Sullivan County Jail without bail after authorities say he showed up for a court hearing on a felony DWI charge drunk and carrying an open can of Busch beer, plus four more cans in a bag.

The Middletown Times Herald-Record reports that Keith Gruber of Swan Lake was an hour and a half late for his court appearance Monday before Sullivan County Judge Frank LaBuda, who asked him if he enjoyed his "liquid lunch."

Gruber said he did, then said he was sorry.

LaBuda sent him to jail with no bail.

"It was obvious he was intoxicated," LaBuda said.

Gruber, who has prior DWI convictions, was arrested on Dec. 27 in the town of Liberty and was out on $30,000 cash bail.
    Now that's classy.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

lol, bonus points if he drove to the court house.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

he was out on a 30k CASH bond? wow! wonder how long he got this time. here he would have probation....
      Originally posted by crass cop
      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
        lol, bonus points if he drove to the court house.
        and offered the judge a beer.
        Originally posted by crass cop
        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

he was just bringing some for the judge and attorneys.
          He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

Idiots mugshot above.

Comment

Apparently tje judge does not drink Busch.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Extra time for drinking Busch!

Comment

I've had a couple of DUI defendants show up for court drunk but never one stupid enough to bring alcohol into the courtroom.
                  When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

He wanted to make a point. He was drinking even against the bond rules. He also was saying He wasn't drunk....He was thirsty. Be also sent a message to the judge....I like beer.

I hope thehy throw the book at him and add a PI to his charges.
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Every 3 or 4 yrs the sheriff in one of our most populous counties does a sting of people coming to court for driving under suspension.

Plain clothes deputies go out and follow the suspended person to his/her car and arrest them when they start the car to drive away.

Over the course of a couple weeks they usually make 10 or so arrests.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4303 users online. 247 members and 4056 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X