300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Drug-Case Prosecutor Arrested for Buying Cocaine

A Clark County prosecutor assigned to some of Las Vegas' most high-profile drug cases was arrested Saturday after police say he bought crack cocaine from a street dealer.

David Charles Schubert, 47, was arrested Saturday and booked on a possession of cocaine charge, according to jail records.

Schubert was arrested by a Las Vegas police patrol officer at 4:51 p.m. near Desert Inn Road and Maryland Parkway.

The patrol officer saw what he thought was a drug transaction and stopped Schubert's vehicle near Sierra Vista Drive and Cambridge Street, police said.

Schubert, a chief deputy district attorney, recently prosecuted the Bruno Mars and Paris Hilton celebrity drug cases.

District Attorney David Roger said Schubert was also the prosecutor he assigned to a federal drug task force.

more: http://www.lvrj.com/news/clark-count...118337184.html
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

I bet FD is letting out a collective sigh of relief.. someone else gets the negative attention for awhile.

Comment

Maybe he was doing a sting by himself?

Comment

Originally posted by ProtectandServe View Post
        Maybe he was doing a sting by himself?
        By himself and ON himself. A new breakthrough in law enforcement. Brilliant!
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I heard on an LA news radio station that there was a passenger in the car who fled when the police stopped the vehicle. Perhaps the prosecutor will claim that the passenger was the one who bought the coke. That is not enough to get him off the hook, however.

Comment

Couldn't he just call it on the job training?
            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

He wanted to understand the criminal mindset of the people he prosecutes, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                I heard on an LA news radio station that there was a passenger in the car who fled when the police stopped the vehicle. Perhaps the prosecutor will claim that the passenger was the one who bought the coke. That is not enough to get him off the hook, however.
                Here's a link to a TMZ article... when it comes to this kind of stuff TMZ usually has the dirt and it's usually more accurate than most news outlets..

Here's their link to the police report..http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...0321_david.pdf

Evidently, the passenger was the middle man he picks up 4-5 times a week to score the coke

Comment

Here's the unredacted report:

http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/p...bert032111.pdf

Comment

Drugs and a gun. Nice.

Comment

It's a cry for help. Obviously if Lyndsey Lohan can get away with it he can too right?

Comment

Originally posted by theoneandonly87 View Post
                        It's a cry for help. Obviously if Lyndsey Lohan can get away with it he can too right?
                        I wouldn't compare a two bit actress with a prominent Las Vegas prosecutor...

Comment

I'm sure he was just doing research for his cases
                          Those of us that are in this profession have much thicker skins than the average person. Your "insults" are not even a good pimple on the *** of what truly bothers us. -Iowa 1603

Comment

Property Impounded: ODV positive cocaine 0.01 net grams

Sounds like it was some good stuff!

I bet my eyelash weights more than 0.01 grams. I hope he got his $40 worth...

Comment

I think they should drug test prosecutor, if they don't do so already...Guy was caught buying crack, way to throw a career out the window...

I'm sure Paris Hilton is getting a laugh about this...
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5770 users online. 340 members and 5430 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X