• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Sh*t

His legs......
    http://www.yahoofreak.com/pictures/d...avatar3220.gif

**** that......

Comment

The driver was a 15 yr old who was driving a stolen vehicle... and he got two years... which he'll probably only serve about 6 months of.

On that day, 15 year old Dominique Gulley stole a car from Stoughton and led police on a high speed pursuit through Madison and on to Highway 151.

Deputy Veto was waiting north of Sun Prairie with a spike strip. As Gulley's car approached Veto threw down the strip.

"The spikes are deployed and in an instant the car turns towards me," says Veto. "I remember hearing a big thump. That was me being struck by the car. I can still see my badly broken legs flopping around as I'm coming to rest on the pavement. My injuries consisted of two badly shattered legs below the knews. My shoulder was broken and dislocated."

Veto spent a month in the hospital, enduring six surgeries.

But he says just as painful was the day the District Attorney told him Gulley wouldn't be charged with battery to an officer. "He said, Dale we don't believe this was an intentional act. He was simply trying to avoid the road spikes, and while doing so he hit you."

Under current law, resisting or fleeing arrest is a misdemeanor. If you injure an officer while fleeing, it's only a felony if you intentionally caused harm.

That's why Deputy Veto is making his first public comments testifying in support of a proposed bill. "It would be a felony if the officer is injured while you're resisting or fleeing," says Rep. Chris Danou (D-Trempealeau), a co-sponsor. "The idea is to remove the question of intent."

Dominique Gulley pleaded guilty to 1st degree reckless injury, but under a plea deal he is only serving two years in a juvenile facilty, followed by 10 years of adult probation.
      I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

Two years for this. What a joke.
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

How is that even morally or legally acceptable to watch that video and say 2 years is an appropriate sentence....they should have given the judge a drug test before the hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
            How is that even morally or legally acceptable to watch that video and say 2 years is an appropriate sentence....they should have given the judge a drug test before the hearing.
            The judge should have gotten 2 years.
            We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Wow, what a piece of ****. I don't understand how the DA can claim it was an accident. Yeah maybe he dident intend to purposely hit the deputy but the fact is that he did so while in a stolen car fleeing from LE.

Did Deputy Veto recover enough to return to duty?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                Wow, what a piece of ****. I don't understand how the DA can claim it was an accident. Yeah maybe he dident intend to purposely hit the deputy but the fact is that he did so while in a stolen car fleeing from LE.

There is a follow up story somewhere. I remember reading he was fighting for tougher sentences on assault on LEO's.

Comment

Holy crap! That was so brutal it almost didn't look real!

Comment

Watched this video during our training for spikes. Just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post

if I remember reading the follow up article correctly, Deputy Veto returned to duty in August of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                        The driver was a 15 yr old who was driving a stolen vehicle... and he got two years... which he'll probably only serve about 6 months of.

On that day, 15 year old Dominique Gulley stole a car from Stoughton and led police on a high speed pursuit through Madison and on to Highway 151.

Deputy Veto was waiting north of Sun Prairie with a spike strip. As Gulley's car approached Veto threw down the strip.

"The spikes are deployed and in an instant the car turns towards me," says Veto. "I remember hearing a big thump. That was me being struck by the car. I can still see my badly broken legs flopping around as I'm coming to rest on the pavement. My injuries consisted of two badly shattered legs below the knews. My shoulder was broken and dislocated."

Veto spent a month in the hospital, enduring six surgeries.

But he says just as painful was the day the District Attorney told him Gulley wouldn't be charged with battery to an officer. "He said, Dale we don't believe this was an intentional act. He was simply trying to avoid the road spikes, and while doing so he hit you."

Under current law, resisting or fleeing arrest is a misdemeanor. If you injure an officer while fleeing, it's only a felony if you intentionally caused harm.

That's why Deputy Veto is making his first public comments testifying in support of a proposed bill. "It would be a felony if the officer is injured while you're resisting or fleeing," says Rep. Chris Danou (D-Trempealeau), a co-sponsor. "The idea is to remove the question of intent."

Dominique Gulley pleaded guilty to 1st degree reckless injury, but under a plea deal he is only serving two years in a juvenile facilty, followed by 10 years of adult probation.
                        Sounds like a prosecutor who doesn't want to work.

Comment

I feel horrible for the officer and I agree the perp deserves more than two years, but the problem is with the way the law is written. It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not... it should be a felony. If the cop crashes during the pursuit and is injured.. felony. Looks like a poorly written law.

Any info on how the officer is doing now?

Comment

whoa.

i never understood why its acceptable to charge people with a misdemeanor when participating in this kind of behavior.

seems like an incentive to run, only facing up to a year in jail max.
                            deterrrence is supposed to deter action and the law as written is not doing that.

Comment

Ow! OMG! He is lucky to be alive!

Not intentional my arse...he didn't even slow down?

A plea deal?? WTF??

You can bet Dep Veto will endure pain lasting more than two years. WOW
                              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3331 users online. 175 members and 3156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X