X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
      Yeah, I think at this rate it is bound to happen. We can't go a week without losing one.
      Making a guessing game out of dead officers annoys me a little, especially in a thread about an officer that was killed.. apparently you didn't catch my subtle drift.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

The article I read the one officer who survived was wearing his body armor & the officer who passed was not wearing his body armor. Regardless thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. RIP brother

Making a guessing game out of dead officers annoys me a little, especially in a thread about an officer that was killed.. apparently you didn't catch my subtle drift.
        I have read Rudy's post for a long time I honestly don't think thats what he meant in his words. I think he meant WTF is going on and at this rate we will surpass last year. IMHO
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

While Rudy's post may have sounded like a pool on cops lives, I do not think he was being crass. There is a distinct trend in cops getting shot lately (Not looking at it as just starting in January, the last year or so has been dangerous.) We are lookig at the economy and desperation in general as a factor. I wonder if there is something else going on with US. Is the environment of scrutiny cops live with causing us to second guess ourselves more over the last few years. Is there a training deficience that we can't see?

The trend is pretty much nation wide, I kind of wish it was something we could fix through training, because if the problem is the economy, or society in general, we can't do anything more than keep carrying on the way we are.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
            There is no "guessing game" and no pool on it. It was a legitimate post about the rate of officers being killed. Ie: At this rate, I think we are going to surpass last year's total by September, unfortunately. I guess apparently you didn't get my drift.
            Last edited by Rudy8116; 03-21-2011, 05:21 AM.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              Anyone have any predictions on when we will surpass last year's total?
              I think we're all-too-aware of the recent increase in violence against law enforcement. I'm not going to apologize for thinking it's inappropriate to predict/speculate/forecast such things in such threads. I'm not saying you intended to be crass. I'm saying it's incredibly tacky. If you can't understand that, nothing else I say will make a difference.
              All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

The violence on Officers is starting to get insane...RIP brother.

STAY 10-48 OUT THERE.

Comment

[QUOTE=jcioccke;2690930]The article I read the one officer who survived was wearing his body armor & the officer who passed was not wearing his body armor. Regardless thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. RIP brother

During the press conference, the chief said that he was wearing his vest, but reminded everyone that the vest doesn't cover every place.

sam4

Comment

My own perspective on the increase is that people are losing religion, no longer believe in any higher power, and therefore see no downside to suicide.

Thus, when they get jammed-up, instead of surrendering they decide to shoot it out and let the chips fall where they may. When they realize there's no escape, they take a couple of us out, and then off themself.

Sadly, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

-V

Comment

This thread is all over the place

RIP Officer Birkholz.

Any updates to the story?

Comment

I just saw a video on cnn... all you can hear on the video is gun shots and you see a few cops rushing a female out of the house.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri...ut.wbay?hpt=T2

RIP Brother.

Can we get a memo out to the masses encouraging people to blow their own head off before they attempt a gun battle with police or kill innocent people?!

Comment

Its been a tough day here. I met Williams at a training awhile back. My prayers go out to him. From what I've heard, Birkholz was a stand-up guy and one hell of a young officer. RIP my friend.

My little black band is almost wore out this year....
                          \

Comment

I agree with MI, why can't people just have the balls to end their loser life without all the drama. I'm tired of the all the b.s. that has been started already about why this moron did this. Does it really matter? People just looking for an excuse for a dirt bag. The media should be ashamed to put his picture on the news in a military uniform!!! Sickening!!! Sounds like Williams will make it, but have not heard about his K9 partner. Trained with Williams on number of occasions, stand up guy for sure!! Thoughts and prayers to all of the Fondy officers for such a tragic day. RIP Officer Birkholz we shall caryy on your good works defending the streets.

Comment

Officer Birkholz was shot from a second story window at a downwad angle that entered above his vest.....

Comment

This is unfortunately becoming an all too common occurrence. My agency had a shooting involving a Vet who was also had PTSD, luckily no innocents or officers were killed except the suspect. We have to be extra vigilant not only because of mental state but also because of the training these guys have received in weapons and tactics. I

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5418 users online. 310 members and 5108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X