300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Security Officers On Aircraft

Ever heard of an ASO (Armed Security Officer)? I guess it's an armed LEO that does not work for an agency while on the aircraft, however, is paid by the airline. Here is a link to the TSA page that talks about it. There is a lot of stuff to sift through but it sounds like it might be a newer thing. IDK. Anybody know what it's all about?

http://www.tsa.gov/lawenforcement/programs/aso_faq.shtm

Quote from the above link,
    2. What are the eligibility requirements for participating in the Armed Security Officer Program (ASOP)?

To be eligible to participate in the ASOP, a person must meet, at a minimum, the following criteria:

* Be at least 21 years of age;
    * Be free from any physical condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the requirements of the position;
    * Be free from any emotional or mental condition, including any personality disorder or job-relevant psychopathology which might adversely affect the exercise of the requirements of the position;
    * Obtain and hold an FAA class II medical certificate.
    * Be a U.S. citizen;
    * Be an active Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) in good standing; a qualified retired LEO; or a qualified former LE
    * in good standing with a minimum of four years law enforcement experience as defined by TSA;
    * Have successfully completed a certificated program of basic law enforcement training conducted by an entity authorized to train persons to perform as a law enforcement officer;
    * Not have been convicted of any domestic violence offence; and
    * Not have had an authorization, deputation, or commission revoked by TSA

To be selected for ASO training, an applicant must:

* Provide and certify the truthfulness of all information, documents, and records required by TSA;
    * Consent to and successfully complete any background check, investigation, or assessment required by TSA;
    * Successfully complete the on-line application and selection process required by TSA, including the physical, cognitive, medical and firearms assessments; and
    * Sign and comply with any nondisclosure agreement required by TSA.
    * Arrange scheduled time off to attend training, arrive for training on time, and complete any prerequisite training before class begins.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

It's for corporate jets/corporate companies.....wanting to fly into DCA (Reagan/Washington DC).

Nothing to do with the Airlines at all......

Comment

^ this.

A friend of mine works for Keybank (who have their own PD) who have two of their officers certified for that. Key has a couple private jets for their execs.
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Ahhh, ok. How is Keybank able yo have their own PD? Where do they get their authority?
        The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

But I'd do him.
        Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

Comment

They are fully certified through OPOTC. I worked security for them before I got left to work for another police department. They mostly work at the corporate buildings and have a few unmarked cars that check the branches in the less appealing areas of Cleveland.

I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

So can they do traffic stops and what not? How does one get hooked up with them? Are they LEOSA covered? Carry 24/7 on creds and make off duty arrests? I find this very interesting that a bank can have their own PD, lol. I mean I understand security officers but a PD is a new one to me. Don't get me wrong tho I'm all for it.

But I'd do him.

Comment

They don't do traffic at all, I remember a few officers getting busted for it. They are sworn peace officers so they are LEOSA covered I'm pretty sure.

Comment

So they get to be a COP with out getting to do all the fun stuff that COPs do. I read in HR 218 that in order to be LEOSA covered that you have to be employed by a government agency as an LEO. So private universities with fully certified officers aren't covered so it makes me wonder about Key Bank too. Remember that's why a lot of people were bent out of shape because AMTRAK and the Federal Reserve originally weren't covered and they had to go in after the fact and pass an amendment to cover people employed by them.

But I'd do him.

Comment

As for the above job..... There are only certain "Gateway" Airports that are allowed to fly into DCA. The list is on that page somewhere that you posted.....

If you can find a company, you have to do the training, then fly at their schedule.....which means you could be working 1-2 a week or 1-2 a year.....

I've had a couple of friends look into it....nothing ever panned out for them.....because most companies hire retired cops that quailify for this and use them for other stuff....then just this.....

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                    They don't do traffic at all, I remember a few officers getting busted for it. They are sworn peace officers so they are LEOSA covered I'm pretty sure.
                    Since these officers work for private corporation, they are not covered by LEOSA/HR218, unless they are also working for another government/municipality associated agency or retired from one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                      Ahhh, ok. How is Keybank able yo have their own PD? Where do they get their authority?
                      It's called a limited authority police. Most states have provisions for them and special restrictions. The common type is railroad police. Generally their jurisdiction is only the property of the corporation that runs the police agency. So you won't see them running radar in a school zone. It's not like OCP in RoboCop where the corporation owns a municipal PD.

Also the officers are held to commissioning standards of the states they work in.

Comment

deleted...I didn't do my research before posting.
                        Last edited by wirefire2; 03-22-2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 379 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X