Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyofirebirdbaby
    replied
    I think they should give all retiring LEOs a gun instead of that stupid $30 watch that's always given out! A watch wouldn't have done a bit of good at McDucks this time! And kudos to the retired officer!

Leave a comment:

• School Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    More info

I have to laugh at "dining."
    What?? They have sporks there!

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    I hope the retired officer wasn't injured too badly and has a speedy recovery.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Great news!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    Someone just got free McNuggets for life.
    Not so sure that's a good thing. Probably kill him quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Someone just got free McNuggets for life.

I wonder if he is considered R.E.D.?

Even though retired LEO's may not carry athority, they get respect, and sometimes, a little leeway.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    More info

SUNLAND, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A retired Burbank police officer shot and killed a robbery suspect at a McDonald's restaurant in Sunland Friday morning.

The former officer was dining at the restaurant, located on Foothill Boulevard and Woodward Avenue, at the time of the reported robbery.

The armed robbery took place at 7950 Foothill Blvd. just before 11 a.m. Friday.

There were about 20 customers in the restaurant during the robbery attempt.

"He struggled with the officer and at least one or two employees were involved in the struggle. The retired officer was actually fairly injured during the struggle, and wound up, in the end, discharging his weapon at the suspect," said LAPD Det. Pat Barron.

The suspect, a parolee, was in his mid-20s, according to police. He may have also robbed two other businesses in the area in recent days. Police say the suspect pistol-whipped one person during each of the previous robberies.

The suspect was not identified. Employees and the retired officer were hospitalized.

I have to laugh at "dining."

Leave a comment:

• GreenZone09
    replied
    Good work on the part of the ret-leo.

It says he goes in there every day? Yeesh.

Leave a comment:

• Jiu-Jitsu Cop
    replied
    What I thought was cool was the witnesses who were interviewed on TV said how happy they were that a retired Officer was still willing to put his life on the line serving the public. We need more people like that.

Leave a comment:

• bigcop97
    replied
    Mcdonalds probably had all of $150-$200 (if that) in the register... pretty smart choice to risk robbing that.

Leave a comment:

• HeadDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by School Cop View Post
    True... they don't just GIVE a gun to any other citizen. A lot of departments give you a gun on retirement; I would assume they are sanctioning me using it if necessary.
    No doubt true, but still from a legal standpoint, a retired LEO is just a citizen...with years of training and experience...and a finely-honed spidey-sense.

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    You old retired farts and hard core, I'm just saying....

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    You are acting as a private citizen at that point, as retired LEOs have zero LE authority.....at least here in CA.

There will be no criminal action; just as there would be no criminal action on a private citizen with a lawful CCW......civil is another can of worms though.

And no, most agencies are not going to pay for your legal defense in these situations.

Pretty much the same in my area.................

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    Glad to hear the ol' timer was stick packing a heater, and stopped the fight before any loss of innocent life. But I do have a question: if a retiree is in a situation like this, and they are found to be acting in accordance with the law and use of deadly physical force regulations, are they protected by their department and/or PBA during the ensuing criminal & civil action???? Or are they just given an atta'boy, and thrown to the wolves.
    You are acting as a private citizen at that point, as retired LEOs have zero LE authority.....at least here in CA.

There will be no criminal action; just as there would be no criminal action on a private citizen with a lawful CCW......civil is another can of worms though.

And no, most agencies are not going to pay for your legal defense in these situations.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Glad to hear the ol' timer was stick packing a heater, and stopped the fight before any loss of innocent life. But I do have a question: if a retiree is in a situation like this, and they are found to be acting in accordance with the law and use of deadly physical force regulations, are they protected by their department and/or PBA during the ensuing criminal & civil action???? Or are they just given an atta'boy, and thrown to the wolves.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3045 users online. 200 members and 2845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X