Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I thought was cool was the witnesses who were interviewed on TV said how happy they were that a retired Officer was still willing to put his life on the line serving the public. We need more people like that.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Good work on the part of the ret-leo.

It says he goes in there every day? Yeesh.
      sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
      I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

More info

SUNLAND, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A retired Burbank police officer shot and killed a robbery suspect at a McDonald's restaurant in Sunland Friday morning.

The former officer was dining at the restaurant, located on Foothill Boulevard and Woodward Avenue, at the time of the reported robbery.

The armed robbery took place at 7950 Foothill Blvd. just before 11 a.m. Friday.

There were about 20 customers in the restaurant during the robbery attempt.

"He struggled with the officer and at least one or two employees were involved in the struggle. The retired officer was actually fairly injured during the struggle, and wound up, in the end, discharging his weapon at the suspect," said LAPD Det. Pat Barron.

The suspect, a parolee, was in his mid-20s, according to police. He may have also robbed two other businesses in the area in recent days. Police say the suspect pistol-whipped one person during each of the previous robberies.

The suspect was not identified. Employees and the retired officer were hospitalized.

I have to laugh at "dining."
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Someone just got free McNuggets for life.

I wonder if he is considered R.E.D.?

Even though retired LEO's may not carry athority, they get respect, and sometimes, a little leeway.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
            Someone just got free McNuggets for life.
            Not so sure that's a good thing. Probably kill him quicker.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I hope the retired officer wasn't injured too badly and has a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  More info

I have to laugh at "dining."
                  What?? They have sporks there!
                  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I think they should give all retiring LEOs a gun instead of that stupid $30 watch that's always given out! A watch wouldn't have done a bit of good at McDucks this time! And kudos to the retired officer!
                    I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4782 users online. 265 members and 4517 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X