Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Retired Burbank PD officer Kills Robbery Suspect At Mickey D's

Mickey D's Robbery Suspect Shot and Killed
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

good!!!!!!
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Nicely done.

But wait. I thought armed citizens are never able to intervene in such situations....
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        Nicely done.

But wait. I thought armed citizens are never able to intervene in such situations....
        A retired cop is not just an armed citizen.................................
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Very nice to hear.
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Legally, he is.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

He's a very well trained armed citizen.

My point was aimed at the gun control nuts who consistently tell us that CCW laws are dumb because no-one with a CCW has ever been in the position to stop a violent crime from going down.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                My point was aimed at the gun control nuts who consistently tell us that CCW laws are dumb because no-one with a CCW has ever been in the position to stop a violent crime from going down.
                I understood.....................
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

True... they don't just GIVE a gun to any other citizen. A lot of departments give you a gun on retirement; I would assume they are sanctioning me using it if necessary.
                  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Glad to hear the ol' timer was stick packing a heater, and stopped the fight before any loss of innocent life. But I do have a question: if a retiree is in a situation like this, and they are found to be acting in accordance with the law and use of deadly physical force regulations, are they protected by their department and/or PBA during the ensuing criminal & civil action???? Or are they just given an atta'boy, and thrown to the wolves.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      Glad to hear the ol' timer was stick packing a heater, and stopped the fight before any loss of innocent life. But I do have a question: if a retiree is in a situation like this, and they are found to be acting in accordance with the law and use of deadly physical force regulations, are they protected by their department and/or PBA during the ensuing criminal & civil action???? Or are they just given an atta'boy, and thrown to the wolves.
                      You are acting as a private citizen at that point, as retired LEOs have zero LE authority.....at least here in CA.

There will be no criminal action; just as there would be no criminal action on a private citizen with a lawful CCW......civil is another can of worms though.

And no, most agencies are not going to pay for your legal defense in these situations.
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        You are acting as a private citizen at that point, as retired LEOs have zero LE authority.....at least here in CA.

There will be no criminal action; just as there would be no criminal action on a private citizen with a lawful CCW......civil is another can of worms though.

And no, most agencies are not going to pay for your legal defense in these situations.

Pretty much the same in my area.................

Comment

You old retired farts and hard core, I'm just saying....
                          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
                            True... they don't just GIVE a gun to any other citizen. A lot of departments give you a gun on retirement; I would assume they are sanctioning me using it if necessary.
                            No doubt true, but still from a legal standpoint, a retired LEO is just a citizen...with years of training and experience...and a finely-honed spidey-sense.
                            "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                            But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                            "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                            We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Mcdonalds probably had all of $150-$200 (if that) in the register... pretty smart choice to risk robbing that.
                              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4135 users online. 255 members and 3880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X