X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCAPO
    replied
    Originally posted by jannino View Post
    i thought i read he is a cop just not paid?
    MCSO posse are not paid.

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Posse

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    I think he is probably one of Sheriff Joe's posse................yep they are allowed to trick out their POV's like that.
    i thought i read he is a cop just not paid?

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by deputybubba View Post
    After reading thru the elightbars post, the 'officer' never states he is sworn. I think this is a posse member, no arrest authority if not 'on-duty' under the colors of a sworn officer.
    Lots of them have been cut loose over the years for 'over stepping' the authority they don't have.
    I think he is probably one of Sheriff Joe's posse................yep they are allowed to trick out their POV's like that.

Leave a comment:

• redsox2010
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tanklizard
    replied

Hmm, that would make a nice DARE vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• deputybubba
    replied
    After reading thru the elightbars post, the 'officer' never states he is sworn. I think this is a posse member, no arrest authority if not 'on-duty' under the colors of a sworn officer.
    Lots of them have been cut loose over the years for 'over stepping' the authority they don't have.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    After seeing the website elightbars.org mentioned, I got bored and took a look over there. All I can say is holy batman! You have to click here http://www.elightbars.org/f34/ and look at some of these rides. They appear to be mostly volunteer FFs or what not.. I can't really tell. It's pretty scary..

Look at this set up.. he's a reserve officer in arizona that has 2 tricked out rides to patrol in... http://www.elightbars.org/f34/2004-h1-hummer-13095/

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    James... what were you thinking?

http://jalopnik.com/#!5786721/james-...ling-over-cops

James "Bubba" Stewart arrested for impersonating, pulling over cops

Motocross champion-turned-reality star James "Bubba" Stewart was arrested in Orlando, Florida last night after he pulled over a car with his truck. The problem is Stewart isn't a police officer, but the two men in the car he stopped were.

The stupidity of this is kind of astounding, even by reality TV standards. If the truck is the one he owns that was featured on TruckForums.com, no one is going to mistake it for a police vehicle, even if you put red-and-blue lights on it (which is illegal in many places).

On top of that, if you're going to pretend that your truck is a police vehicle what exactly are you planning to do once you pull someone over? What's the game plane. This wasn't a pretty girl in the car. This was two off-duty Florida Highway Patrolmen.

Finally, if you do pull over a pair of off-duty Florida Highway Patrolmen in your fake police truck, don't run. Make a joke. Play it cool. You're semi-famous.

Oh well, at least you've got a fun plot twist for Bubba's World.

Potentially the truck in question:

Leave a comment:

• ryker
    replied
    Hope they didn't neglect the numerous traffic code violations.

Blue lights
    Road rage
    Failure to signal
    Etc etc

Real officer did a perfect job. Called it in and let a onduty uniform officer work the call.

Leave a comment:

• Code_Seven
    replied
    I've actually heard of this happening quite a bit in California. I mean, I personally wouldn't pull over for an unmarked without confirmation from 911. That about sums up how much that's happened over the past few years.

To be completely honest though, it's a bit unnerving knowing there are that many people out there who are stupid enough to impersonate LEOs.

Leave a comment:

• COpd
    replied
    Every time I hear about an impersonator in the news, I think of how great this scenario would be. Finally it happened, all are OK and a dangerous person is off the street...

Leave a comment:

• GreenZone09
    replied
    I have no doubt a good percentage of civilians would pull over for amber +siren or amber -siren. At least they called in...

Edit: The average idiot doesn't know left from right, let alone who to pull over for. Only the smart people know to pull over for red or red/blue.

Leave a comment:

• Astrak
    replied
    Supposedly a week or so ago someone in the east Mesa area was pulling people over around schools in a Ford Ranger with an amber light. Why anyone would pull over for a Ford Ranger with an amber light is beyond me, but it was enough to get a few calls in about it.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    It's just stupid for people to try this in GA. It would be extremely rare for an unmarked car to initiate a traffic stop on you. If anything, it would be numerous unmarked cars boxing you in and dragging you out at gun point lol.

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    The Ask-A-Cop section better get ready

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3394 users online. 152 members and 3242 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X