300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting comment from another website

One of the websites I frequent is devoted to the study of the horse in military use but on the "members only" portion of the site, we sometimes wander off into other territory. One of the members -- who happens to be an attorney -- made the following comment:

"I've often thought that policemen must have some unique psychological makeup, as most average people, armed with a sidearm, would start shooting people after they stopped the third rude motorist of the day."
    "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
    But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
    "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
    We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

I hope he's an attorney for the Prosecution!
    Tac Six One

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~Romans 13

Comment

Originally posted by Richb353 View Post
      I hope he's an attorney for the Prosecution!
      He doesn't do criminal law -- mostly contracts.
      "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
      But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
      "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
      We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Wouldn't that be an interesting story for the evening news.....
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I've actually had people tell me "I'm glad I don't have a gun, I'd be shooting everyone". I always thought they were slightly psycho, now you're saying that's what most people think?
          “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

We have a citizen's academy down here, it gives community members chance to go through an active shooter scenario with "pop-up" targets that include hostages, bystanders and bad guys.

They are always shocked by how many innocent people they shoot in the heat of the moment. They come away with renewed respect for the police.
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

We have a citizen's academy down here, it gives community members chance to go through an active shooter scenario with "pop-up" targets that include hostages, bystanders and bad guys.
              That would have been enlightening.

I went through one here a couple years ago. We shot simunition at stationary dummies on the day we got a brief sampling of the PT, but that was it. What terrifies me is that I’m starting at the jail in a month, they went into the range and shot some OC into a trash can then let us walk into the room. I have a feeling it’s going to affect me big time when I get hit during the academy.

Comment

This pretty much sums it up (IMO).
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3576 users online. 209 members and 3367 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X