300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those calls that make you shake your head and laugh

So the bureau I'm at now is also responsible for handling all the county owned golf courses. Today a call goes out for a suspicious person standing on one of the greens yelling and cursing. Sure enough the MDC messages start pouring in. Someone standing on a golf green yelling and cursing, what the hell is suspicious about that, nothing more than a normal day of golf for me.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Anytime I have to go to a "HAAAAYYRRASMENT" call. I was at work the other day, and some lady came in with her daughters to report that her daughter was receiving harassing IPOD text messages from a classmate and that she was fearful for their lives. The daughter was 13, the other girl was 13, and NOTHING was threatening in nature. I hate HARASSMENT calls. 90% of them are a F*#KING WASTE OF MY TIME. Or yesterday, some lady called to complain that some "churchfolk" in two vans were in her neighborhood passing out pamphlets..............HELLO!!!!!! What the F$&K do you want me to do, they are Jehovia Witness'es and are allowed to solicit anywhere. People are stupid! RANT OVER.
    " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

"Respond to (the intersection of) X and Y to deers loitering in the intersection."
      and what else do deers do? would they understand if I told them to move to the park?

Comment

Middle aged bipolar pregnant druggie woman. Never forget her.
        She would call at least 4 times a week, always in the night shift.(1500 to 2300)

"Someones tapping on my window!"
        "My dogs are barking at someone outside!"
        "My husband is having trouble breathing through his nose!" (This one made me laugh, allergies, I think the medics were ****ed though)
        "There's someone climbing on my roof!"

Then she broke my barrier by giving a false "shots fired" call in her neighborhood. My adrenaline was soo spiked, when I found out she was lying I couldn't help but rip into her and tell her if she calls 911 for any reason other than an actual emergency I'll summon her for filing a false police report. She stopped calling.

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
          Middle aged bipolar pregnant druggie woman. Never forget her.
          She would call at least 4 times a week, always in the night shift.(1500 to 2300)

"Someones tapping on my window!"
          "My dogs are barking at someone outside!"
          "My husband is having trouble breathing through his nose!" (This one made me laugh, allergies, I think the medics were ****ed though)
          "There's someone climbing on my roof!"

Then she broke my barrier by giving a false "shots fired" call in her neighborhood. My adrenaline was soo spiked, when I found out she was lying I couldn't help but rip into her and tell her if she calls 911 for any reason other than an actual emergency I'll summon her for filing a false police report. She stopped calling.
          After those first 4 calls around here, 911 would have blocked her number and she would have had to call the PD directly or FD for any kind of response.

Comment

"theres a kid in my sons class thats bullying him" (kids in 1st grade)

my *ahem* favorites are the myspace, facebook calls. "my husband is deployed and his friends wife is saying im a bitch on her facebook page, i wanna press charges" or any variation of this.....

my 'youre a total idiot' look is getting a workout.
            Originally posted by crass cop
            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
              After those first 4 calls around here, 911 would have blocked her number and she would have had to call the PD directly or FD for any kind of response.
              They can do that?
              It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Let me recount for you my night last night:

Second call out of the gate is a disturbance at a gas station. I get there and the station worker tells me that some guy drove up and offered to give 4 homeless men a big bag of change. Only he was making them "fight to the death" for it....

Covered a buddy on a traffic stop. The passenger is a local rapper. He proceeded to play music over the car stereo and rap about how great the police are

Got a call about a disturbance at a 24hr drive-thru. Get there and it turns out the driver of the car had been sitting at the window for ONE HOUR arguing with the lady at the window. She DEMANDED that she either received MORE BBQ SAUCE for her chicken fingers (already had 4) or her $2 back. I recommended that she drive over to the other 24hr drive-thru next door and ask them for more sauce...

Then I got another call about a robbery up the street. call comments are then a guy in a wheel chair came over and stole her RX pills. Her story is she was standing talking to a "friend girl" of hers when wheelie rolls up, snatches the pill bottle out of her hand, and rolls away. Rollie shows up and tells me he doesn't know what she's talking about, but HE was robbed by his "auntie" (who happens to be the original caller's "friend girl). "On the real" he tells me he gave her $10 to buy two "nicks" (nickel bags of pot) and she returned without pot and money. I go and talk to auntie/friend girl and luckily it's someone I've dealt with before and she recognizes me. She tells me that the original caller gave wheelie her RX bottle with pills to take inside to trade for crack or cash. Wheelie gave the pills and his $10 to auntie/friend girl to go inside and get drugs. Auntie/friend girl went inside, but she guesses she was taking too long and the original caller calls us, the dealer's goodeye narcs us off when we roll up and they keep everything and kick her out.

Then as I was getting ready to leave, one of the residents of the apt complex comes up to me and asks if she can ask me a question. I tell her sure, she asks, "are you really there officer? I think I smoked too much." I told her that I wasn't really there and for her to go inside if she doesn't need an ambulance.

Sigh... nevermind the fact that in the very beginning of my shift my car's spotlight just randomly falls off the car.....
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

roflmfao youre shocked when your spot falls off, im shocked when mine works. like the bumfight call..a bag of change...lol
                  Originally posted by crass cop
                  Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

~sigh~ memories...
                    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

This guy called 911 because McDonalds put pickles on his free hamburger. He added a burger to his original order and instead of going through the trouble of ringing it up they just gave it to him but forgot to leave off the pickles as he asked. When he flipped out on the employees the manager refused to further deal with him and asked him to leave. So he walks out to his car and calls 911 over this. I talked with the manager of McDonalds who straight up refused to deal with the guy anymore and wanted him on trespass notice. So I advise the guy of his options which was basically to sue McDonalds for another hamburger and btw your not allowed back on the property per the manager. The guy gets extremely aggitated with me and starts asking me over and over, "so your basically telling me im SOL"....

I ended up getting an internal affairs complaint and written up over this for not seeming to 'care' of the guys complaint in his opinion and saying "there is nothing I can do if they refuse to replace your burger, you already upset them and their refusing!". We are never suppose to say the phrase to a citizen, "there is nothing I can do". Even though there wasent because it was a 'civil issue'.

Learning experience: I should have tried harder to talk McDonalds into giving this nice man another free cheese burger but without pickles.
                      Last edited by DeputySC; 03-15-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Man, you guys make me laugh! As if I needed any more reason to be glad I haven't been on General Duties for YEARS

Hey, did I mention - I'm retired!!
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
                          Man, you guys make me laugh! As if I needed any more reason to be glad I haven't been on General Duties for YEARS

Hey, did I mention - I'm retired!!

Your lucky that you got to retire when you did. Its getting nuts out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
                            They can do that?
                            They won't answer. Officers around here can don't have to respond to calls given to them if they're a 'chronic condition' and just mark the call that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
                              They can do that?
                              Our agency has turned over cases to the DA for prosecution on more then one chronic 911 caller...after they are convicted they are served with a restraining order prohibiting them from calling 911 unless it's a true emergency.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6626 users online. 357 members and 6269 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X