300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection letter

Anyone here ever recieve a rejection letter? What did you do? Did you appeal? Did you let it be? What was the rejection for?

Sure. You let it go. There is almost nothing you can appeal. Rejection letters typically just state that you were not selected to move on in the process, however the content will vary from dept. to dept.

Comment

What about acceptance letters? Do they call you, or do they mail you a letter?
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Sure. You let it go. There is almost nothing you can appeal. Rejection letters typically just state that you were not selected to move on in the process, however the content will vary from dept. to dept
        That's it in a nutshell. I would say that control what you can control. If it's work, life experiance, education, second language etc. Those are areas you can impact to in sure you don't get another letter.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          Sure. You let it go. There is almost nothing you can appeal. Rejection letters typically just state that you were not selected to move on in the process, however the content will vary from dept. to dept.
          Not always true Joe. It just depends on why they rejected you. I have been rejected. I recieved my letter and I appealed it. I went and spoke to the board. I explained to them that my actions were not typical. I explained that I made a mistake and it is not a true reflection of my true character. I recieved a letter a week later letting me know that they over turned their decision and are letting me continue through the process. The result I got is not typical but you should never just give up.

Comment

WOW great job LLee7104 never heard that before. You may want to be an attorney LMAO or a salesperson....
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
              WOW great job LLee7104 never heard that before. You may want to be an attorney LMAO or a salesperson....
              Haha, No. I just know that I am a good, hard working individual who made a mistake. Now some mistakes are unforgivable of course but mine was not HORRIBLE lol I held myself accountable when I went in there. I didnt minimize my mistake. Tell you one thing though, it was nerve racking. I sat at a table with 2 officers and about 5 board members..... IT WAS SCARRRREEEYY

Ps: No attorney or sales person. Police Officer

Comment

Anyone else have some experiences?

Comment

What's a rejection letter? We send non-selection letters. Thank you for your interest, another applicant was accepted...
                  I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by LLee7104 View Post
                    Not always true Joe. It just depends on why they rejected you. I have been rejected. I recieved my letter and I appealed it. I went and spoke to the board. I explained to them that my actions were not typical. I explained that I made a mistake and it is not a true reflection of my true character. I recieved a letter a week later letting me know that they over turned their decision and are letting me continue through the process. The result I got is not typical but you should never just give up.
                    I am well aware that there are exceptions, that is why I wrote "almost never" and not "never."

Comment

I've gotten two "rejection" letters. One stated that there were more qualified candidates. Another said I was disqualified and listed 2 reasons I was disqualified. My attitude is that each agency has their own criteria that goes above and beyond the minimum qualifications set by the state, and they can hire who they feel meets their criteria. I will keep applying elsewhere, and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                        What's a rejection letter? We send non-selection letters. Thank you for your interest, another applicant was accepted...
                        Basically some place in the background they noticed something and deemed the person unfit to be a police officer for their department.....

Comment

I've been told (both here and by officers I know in person), that a lot (maybe not most, but a lot) of departments send two kinds of letters: One is the standard, "Thank you for your interest but we're going with someone else" letter, and the other is the, "You have failed to meet the required standards for hire." The latter is due to issues in your background, failing the poly or the psych, etc. The former can be a tough one to get still because some departments will send the same, "Thanks but no thanks" letter to those simply not selected as they do to those who have been DQ'd.

I wish that all departments used to "two letter" format, so that if an LEO candidate gets the "more qualified candidates" letter, they can know that there's still hope with other departments or even with that one later. If they got the, "unfit to be an officer with our department," they can then know what the issue is so they can give their next BI the heads up or if it's serious, they can make the decision of whether or not the goal of being an LEO is even viable. I'd imagine there are a lot of long time candidates out there who have gotten the standard "not selected" letter from multiple departments thinking that they haven't gotten hired simply because it's a tough market, but are unaware that there's some serious issue that's actually DQ'd them.
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

I went through the hiring process at a few different agencies, but only considered three of them seriously. I got the "thanks but not thanks" letters from each of them - no reason being given. I was involved in another job for several years afterward and decided to give it a shot with two other agencies (before I got too old - Haha!) and went through their processes. BOTH offered me a position and I accepted one of them (in hindsight, I made the wrong choice).

Bad news almost always arrives by letter, but good news usually arrives via telephone. Both "positive" offers came by phone call, of course. With my current job, where I have been since I left the sheriff's office, they also offered me a position with a phone call.

Anyway, if you get turned down and not because of a blatant disqualification, try, try and try again. Use the shotgun approach - as it will improve your odds. Life is like a broken road, but you will end up being led in the right direction (think there is a song about that).

Good luck!!

** EDITED FOR TYPO **
                            Last edited by VA Dutch; 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I don't know what mine said. As soon as I saw the words "Thank you for your application, Unfortunately..." I just threw it away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6633 users online. 355 members and 6278 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X