Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops ask outrageous questions.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. --

Law enforcement officers said they often ask absurd or out-of-the-ordinary questions during traffic stops to gauge the behavior of drivers.

In the recent DWI trial for well-known attorney Ron Bell, the deputy who was at the scene testified that he asked Bell if he had any grenades or rocket launchers in his car, followed by if he had a body in his car.

"I'm making the questions so outrageous, so I can see a response," Deputy Larry Allen said.

Allen isn't the only member of the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office to use those tactics. Capt. Gregg Marcantel said did the same thing when he was on patrol.

"I'm looking for your non-verbal behavior. I'm looking for your anxiety. I'm looking for how it is you answer those questions," Marcantel said.

Marcantel said the obviously absurd questions break the ice and break down the driver's anxiety level. The method can also help officers.

"If I need to search you, I have to search you. That's an awkward situation for both me as a policeman, and you as a citizen, so in doing so I might want to break the ice," Marcantel said. "They're never intended to offend, the fact is most of the intent is to actually do the opposite."

Marcantel said those kind of questions usually precede a search.

Copyright 2011 by KOAT.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Like this question by chance? Hahahahaha!!!

The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

So that's why they asked me if I was hiding a rocket launcher!

Comment

If he had his pants up where they should be that wouldn't have happened.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

When I get searched like that, the officer always follows up with "you ARE packing a rocket launcher!", followed by an exchange of phone numbers.
        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

for officer safety I notify them of the concealed tube steak,

Comment

Argh, I hate this "last post first" format!!

I'm getting the punchline before getting the joke...
            "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left..."
            "I swear to God, I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'Shenanigans' !"

Comment

Then change the format so that the oldest post is first.

Comment

"But ossifer,I have all sober to Sunday up! Pweese don't give me an IUD!"
                I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6289 users online. 345 members and 5944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X