X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limeade
    replied
    Full face mask of course.

I wore my vest under a sweat shirt, gloves [because getting shot in the hand hurts the most] a beanie and BDUs. Remember the gloves for the love of God.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak View Post
    Last month I got shot once in the leg and one clipped my ear. The ear hurt so bad my eyes watered.
    You mean you cried...

: )

Leave a comment:

• dtimoney
    replied
    Don't be a hero! Layer up! I made that mistake before. I did a day of training as a role player. It was an ambush scenario and I would get opened up on by three or four officers. I had bare hands and a T-Shirt on (It was an incredibly hot day.) I regretted that decision after I got hit in the knuckle, the shoulder, stomach and chest. After that, I had to get cuffed up on the blacktop.

Two days of that gave me open sores and bruises all over my upper body. That was horrible! Wear a jacket! If you have a vest, gloves, pants, long sleeves, everything! But above all, wear a neck guard and paintball mask.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    In addition to the preceding advice, I recommend wearing old, washable clothes or clothing you are prepared to throw away.

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    Simunition hurt like a SOB! Wear a red man suit under your clothes. When I played the bad guy I gave up dam quick when simunitions were involved...I didn't want to get hit in the nutz.
    I concur on getting hit on the knuckles.

Leave a comment:

• CPDEMT
    replied
    The one time I was a volunteer threat for simunitions, one of the officers got shot straight in the forehead. It was a veh stop and we were to step out of the suspect vehicle and aim/shoot at the patrol car windshield. One of the other volunteers missed and shot the officer in the head before getting lit up. Officers weren't supposed to get hit, so he didn't have a face mask on.

Leave a comment:

• Chomp
    replied
    Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
    Oh yeah, if you can get them, wear a pair of the hard knuckle gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've been shot in the knuckles. Hurts like a b*tch.
    Agreed; my hands have permanent scars from sims; everyone aims for the gun, which means your fingers/knuckles will be catching rounds.

Leave a comment:

• nefto
    replied
    We have groin protection (male & female), neck protector and full helmet. That's what the recruits wear, suspects also get a padded vest to wear. They used to give vests to the recruits as well, but they discovered that because the vests cushioned the shots recruits tended to not seek or utilize cover because being shot didn't hurt. I have been told since they took the vests away from the recruits they are much more vigilant about using cover in simunition fire fights.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Loose clothing, particularly covering your arms & especially legs.
    We did a training exercise a long time ago where 2 people squared off in a dark hallway with blairing music & just shot at each other. The point was (in theory) to get you used to steady, rapid gunfire inan enclosed area where you'd actually SEE the muzzle blast & recognize you can continue firing. The exercise "worked", I guess, but with the usual protective clothing the only way to reliably stop your assailant was to hit him somewhere he'd feel it. Torso, head, & arms are too small an area with large muscles to absorb the hit---legs are large, mostly unprotected & easy targets as no one thinks of them. I used all my ammo on my "suspect", consistently hitting her legs. SHe could barely walk out of the killing house---lol.......

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Oh yeah, if you can get them, wear a pair of the hard knuckle gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've been shot in the knuckles. Hurts like a b*tch.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    Last month I got shot once in the leg and one clipped my ear. The ear hurt so bad my eyes watered.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Being part of simunitions training was an absolute blast. I wore a sweat shirt, jeans, and a mask. I got popped in the neck and it bled.

Unfortunately, I'll probably never get to do it again because I hear they've clamped down on letting civies do it. I don't even think I was supposed to do it the first time.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    Can't be as bad as being shot in the balls with a red paintball while taking a shower. A wonderful friend of mine did that to me many years ago. Thought one was shot off.
    Simunitions are worse.

Bring bandaids. Any exposed skin that gets hit is going to bleed.

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    Can't be as bad as being shot in the balls with a red paintball while taking a shower. A wonderful friend of mine did that to me many years ago. Thought one was shot off.
    People that did that kind of stuff to me are ex friends.

Leave a comment:

• Arewethereyet
    replied
    Thanks for the advice about wearing a cup...never even thought about it! Lol, I guess I got lucky last time. It's fun, but it kind of sucks when you're shooting at the recruits all day and they're wearing their vests. I've been shot on the tip of the pinky, some how, one round went into my sleeve and painted up my arm, the legs, yeah they definitely sting! They'll provide the eyes pro so I'll be good to go for that, thanks for your responses!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2831 users online. 155 members and 2676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X