X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Simunition training is acutally fun.

Being female...I have to agree with the "nut cup" (you guys are so over protective of your twins), vest, gloves and long sleeves. Face mask is mandatory. There is a minimum number of feet (for us it was 5) you are not supposed to fire upon...but trust me...people get carried away.

Tell you what...those buggers sting....and if you get hit close up..you will get a welt and bruise. I wore a baggy long sleeve sweatshirt under my BDU's the second time around.....ahhhhh much more comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    sweat pants and shirts, your ball protector and if you have a vest, you should wear it. also a pair of gloves.

Leave a comment:

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Make sure you wear at least a long sleeve t-shirt; paintball mask; throat guards; and a cup.

I have been shot in the twins at close range with sims....without a cup.....lets just say it was not a pleasant experience.

Also, sims will open you up if you get hit at close (less than 15 feet or so) range on bare skin.
    Can't be as bad as being shot in the balls with a red paintball while taking a shower. A wonderful friend of mine did that to me many years ago. Thought one was shot off.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Make sure you wear at least a long sleeve t-shirt; paintball mask; throat guards; and a cup.

I have been shot in the twins at close range with sims....without a cup.....lets just say it was not a pleasant experience.

Also, sims will open you up if you get hit at close (less than 15 feet or so) range on bare skin.

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    Flesh colored T shirts with gang tats.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Goggles or a full face mask. We also wear vests. If you don't have access to one, you might want to wear several layers, including a long sleeve padded flannel shirt. At close range those things can really tear you up.

Leave a comment:

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
    replied
    Don't forget a face shield or safety goggles. Simunition are fun, but damn it stings when you get hit. Make it real for the recruits. You're experience and people you've encountered, show them what they will encounter.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Goggles and a nut cup. Everything else is just gravy.

Leave a comment:

• Arewethereyet
    started a topic Simunition training

Simunition training

A few of us have volunteered to help our buddy out at his academy to help and be role players for the new recruits going through with active threat training.

I've done it before and we used our DCU's (Desert uniforms, like the one in my avatar), this time he says wear civilian clothes. Does anyone have anything to recommend? I was thinking of just wearing tactical boots with some sort of uniform pants (either desert of my standard uniform) and a hoodie or long sleeve sweatshirt. Anyone have anything else to recommend? I don't have any 5.11 clothes or anything like that. Thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2940 users online. 165 members and 2775 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X