300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simunition training

A few of us have volunteered to help our buddy out at his academy to help and be role players for the new recruits going through with active threat training.

I've done it before and we used our DCU's (Desert uniforms, like the one in my avatar), this time he says wear civilian clothes. Does anyone have anything to recommend? I was thinking of just wearing tactical boots with some sort of uniform pants (either desert of my standard uniform) and a hoodie or long sleeve sweatshirt. Anyone have anything else to recommend? I don't have any 5.11 clothes or anything like that. Thanks!

Goggles and a nut cup. Everything else is just gravy.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Don't forget a face shield or safety goggles. Simunition are fun, but damn it stings when you get hit. Make it real for the recruits. You're experience and people you've encountered, show them what they will encounter.
      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Goggles or a full face mask. We also wear vests. If you don't have access to one, you might want to wear several layers, including a long sleeve padded flannel shirt. At close range those things can really tear you up.

Comment

Flesh colored T shirts with gang tats.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Make sure you wear at least a long sleeve t-shirt; paintball mask; throat guards; and a cup.

I have been shot in the twins at close range with sims....without a cup.....lets just say it was not a pleasant experience.

Also, sims will open you up if you get hit at close (less than 15 feet or so) range on bare skin.
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              Make sure you wear at least a long sleeve t-shirt; paintball mask; throat guards; and a cup.

I have been shot in the twins at close range with sims....without a cup.....lets just say it was not a pleasant experience.

Also, sims will open you up if you get hit at close (less than 15 feet or so) range on bare skin.
              Can't be as bad as being shot in the balls with a red paintball while taking a shower. A wonderful friend of mine did that to me many years ago. Thought one was shot off.
              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

sweat pants and shirts, your ball protector and if you have a vest, you should wear it. also a pair of gloves.

Comment

Simunition training is acutally fun.

Being female...I have to agree with the "nut cup" (you guys are so over protective of your twins), vest, gloves and long sleeves. Face mask is mandatory. There is a minimum number of feet (for us it was 5) you are not supposed to fire upon...but trust me...people get carried away.

Tell you what...those buggers sting....and if you get hit close up..you will get a welt and bruise. I wore a baggy long sleeve sweatshirt under my BDU's the second time around.....ahhhhh much more comfortable.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Thanks for the advice about wearing a cup...never even thought about it! Lol, I guess I got lucky last time. It's fun, but it kind of sucks when you're shooting at the recruits all day and they're wearing their vests. I've been shot on the tip of the pinky, some how, one round went into my sleeve and painted up my arm, the legs, yeah they definitely sting! They'll provide the eyes pro so I'll be good to go for that, thanks for your responses!

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                      Can't be as bad as being shot in the balls with a red paintball while taking a shower. A wonderful friend of mine did that to me many years ago. Thought one was shot off.
                      People that did that kind of stuff to me are ex friends.
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                        Simunitions are worse.

Bring bandaids. Any exposed skin that gets hit is going to bleed.

Comment

Being part of simunitions training was an absolute blast. I wore a sweat shirt, jeans, and a mask. I got popped in the neck and it bled.

Unfortunately, I'll probably never get to do it again because I hear they've clamped down on letting civies do it. I don't even think I was supposed to do it the first time.

Comment

Last month I got shot once in the leg and one clipped my ear. The ear hurt so bad my eyes watered.

Comment

Oh yeah, if you can get them, wear a pair of the hard knuckle gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've been shot in the knuckles. Hurts like a b*tch.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4880 users online. 293 members and 4587 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X