300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer Shot in Face on Long Island

This just happened so not much details yet. A Nassau County police officer was shot in the face Saturday night in Massapequa Park on Long Island. The officer is listed in critical condition. The suspect is in custody.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Hang in there bud. Glad to hear suspect is in custody. Too bad this country doesn't practice eye for an eye.

Comment

Prayers said.
      It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

The officer has died

I thought the suspect was killed?

Comment

Prayers sent.

Hopefully it's not to serious and can make a full recovery.
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

UPDATE: The officer has passed away. Info released say that the officer was in plainclothes and was chasing a suspect through an alleyway. He was shot by friendly fire from a uniformed officer. Very sad... RIP Officer.
            Everybody counts or no one counts.
            -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
            -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by redsox2010 View Post
              UPDATE: The officer has passed away. Info released say that the officer was in plainclothes and was chasing a suspect through an alleyway. He was shot by friendly fire from a uniformed officer. Very sad... RIP Officer.
              Dangit!
              We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Every police officer's worst nightmare. My prayers to all involved.
                “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Sad indeed.................thoughts and prayers to all involved.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Prayers from NH.

Comment

Not even a month and another LODD. At least they got the POS.

Rest in Peace.

Comment

So sad.....Prayers sent for the deceased officer but even more so for the poor officer who pulled the trigger.
                        R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Nassau County Police Officer Killed
                          Officer Killed
                          By BRANDON KLING
                          Updated 4:01 AM EDT, Sun, Mar 13, 2011

A Nassau County police officer was killed Saturday evening during an incident involving a man with a weapon. Reportedly, the cop was shot and killed by another officer in a case of friendly fire, The Daily News reported.

The officer was working in Massapequa Park at 54th Avenue near Front Street when the shooting broke out around 8:20 pm, officials said.

Crews rushed the officer to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow where he passed away sometime around 9:15 or 9:20 pm, Nassau County Lt. Kevin Smith told WNBC reporter Katy Tur.

"It's absolutely under investigation at this point," he said. "We're going to try to determine how this happened."

A suspicious man with a weapon ran down the street to the corner of 54th Avenue after approached by two officers after a disturbance call was placed, authorities said.

The suspect then ran into a building barricaded himself in a room. Police, meanwhile, evacuated all other residents from the house.

As Lt. Smith described, the suspect then came out of the room charging at the officers with knives. At that point, the officers were forced to shoot at the suspect, who was killed at the scene. In the mêlée, one officer was critically shot and later died from his injuries.

Three other officers were reportedly injured, but Lt. Smith said he did not know what their status was other than they were at the hospital and that he didn't think it was anything too serious.

Stay with NBCNewYork for continuing updates.
                          RIP Brother, and prayers for his family and for the officer who pulled the trigger. It's a sad situation for all those involved. At least the BG got his.
                          The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                          I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                          Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

R.I.P. An NYPD Officer was killed by an EDP in Brooklyn late last night. The Officer was pushed down a flight of stairs and died from head wounds.

Comment

Rip..........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2669 users online. 149 members and 2520 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X