300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you believe this?

It makes blacks look stupid. Even the NAACP is against it.

http://abc.daytonsnewssource.com/sha...vid_6103.shtml

That's why I NEVER list my race or sex on any testing or application form unless it absolutely requires it. I don't care if it's just for "survey purposes only." BS.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

What happened to people being judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin? Why do employers have to meet quotas when it comes to hiring? It is sad that employers feel the need to NOT pick the best qualified just so they can maintain a particular public perception. Sad.

Comment

That is sad

I looked at the requirement for the county I live in, don't know what the exam score is.

Requirements
        Minimum Qualification Requirements:
        EDUCATION
        Must have completed sixty semester hours or ninety quarter hours of college work at an accredited college or university. No substitution is allowed for this requirement.
        AGE LIMIT
        Must be 20 years and 6 months of age at time of application.
        PHYSICAL CONDITION
        Must be in good physical condition.
        SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
        Must be a non-smoker. Must sign an agreement that you will not smoke on or off the job during your tenure of employment as a police officer.
        CITIZENSHIP
        Must be United States citizen.
        DRIVER’S LICENSE
        Valid driver’s license from place of residence at time of application. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
        CHARACTER/BACKGROUND
        Applicants will be screened during a preliminary background investigation. Individual situations will be evaluated on a case by case basis, however, a good driving record and a clean criminal history are considered essential. Candidates who have engaged in any activity that would support a felony conviction are unlikely to receive favorable consideration. Misdemeanor convictions for crimes relating to theft, domestic violence, or assault are likely to be disqualifying. Recent convictions for D.U.I., or D.W.I., or Reckless Driving, as well as multiple convictions for Speeding or other moving violations may also result in disqualification.
        The bold is on the county site, not my addition. Feel free to quote this in ask a cop for the next person that asks if something in their past will hurt them for being a police officer.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

This is pretty pathetic.
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Retards do not need to be police officers. Thank You. Im sorry if i was not politically correct.

Comment

I have a somewhat different take on affirmative action than many of my fellow conservatives. I recognize that a Black kid from an inner city or an Indian kid off the reservation may not have gotten the background that would enable them to reach their potential and have the career of their choice. Therefore, I support programs to identify those people (whether as kids or as adults) and provide them with additional education/training to help them reach the bar. I'm perfectly willing to spend my own money for such programs and in fact I do. I'm also willing to be taxed to support such programs. I am strongly opposed to dumbing down the entry requirements so that the desired number of Black/Indian/Hispanic/Whatever applicants make the cut. I actually saw this in action when I entered medical school; some of my classmates had been admitted even though they didn't have the requisite credentials because the school needed more students from their race. They also got passed on in courses when they didn't actually perform at the required level because the school couldn't afford to let them go. Let's just say that you don't want to put the care of yourself or your loved ones in the hands of these "doctors." On the other hand, if the school had developed a program to identify promising applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and give them some months of intensive prep school to get them up to admission standards I would have considered that a valid endeavor.

The idea of cops on the beat who couldn't actually meet the test score required for the job is pretty scary. I really don't want Joe Dumb*** out there with a squad car, a gun, and law enforcement authority when he clearly wasn't ready for the job -- regardless of his skin tone.
              "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
              But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
              "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
              We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Setting people up for failure, sounds like a great idea.

I love lazy government programs that instead of trying to address an issue, just throw a bone. Not smart enough? Here, have a few jobs and remember to vote democrat! Oh, your crappy schools? Sorry, can't help you with that.

Comment

Failure to prepare on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. If you're not smart enough to get the job, you don't deserve it. I don't give a sh1t if you're black, white, hispanic, green, or friggin polka dot. It's the dumbest idea and has lead to reverse racism.

You're either the most qualified candidate, or you're not. Giving someone a job based on their color is the textbook definition of racism. It shouldn't matter what color the person is. There will be 258 unqualified people available for jobs that, those who passed with acceptable scores, will be excluded from simply because they lack the correct skin color. I'm truly beginning to lose hope in this country...
                  I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to race and teh BS that is fed to the public to pacify a group.
                    Im glad the NAACP has the intelligence to call it wrong
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

clearly the government controlled education system in place the last 20+ years is right on track, It just hasn't reached the station yet. I bet more taxes and throw money at it will make this nasty little problem go away...
                      Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                        I have a somewhat different take on affirmative action than many of my fellow conservatives. I recognize that a Black kid from an inner city or an Indian kid off the reservation may not have gotten the background that would enable them to reach their potential and have the career of their choice. Therefore, I support programs to identify those people (whether as kids or as adults) and provide them with additional education/training to help them reach the bar. I'm perfectly willing to spend my own money for such programs and in fact I do. I'm also willing to be taxed to support such programs. I am strongly opposed to dumbing down the entry requirements so that the desired number of Black/Indian/Hispanic/Whatever applicants make the cut. I actually saw this in action when I entered medical school; some of my classmates had been admitted even though they didn't have the requisite credentials because the school needed more students from their race. They also got passed on in courses when they didn't actually perform at the required level because the school couldn't afford to let them go. Let's just say that you don't want to put the care of yourself or your loved ones in the hands of these "doctors." On the other hand, if the school had developed a program to identify promising applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and give them some months of intensive prep school to get them up to admission standards I would have considered that a valid endeavor.

The idea of cops on the beat who couldn't actually meet the test score required for the job is pretty scary. I really don't want Joe Dumb*** out there with a squad car, a gun, and law enforcement authority when he clearly wasn't ready for the job -- regardless of his skin tone.
                        ^^ This.

The original, valid purpose of "affirmative action" was to provide opportunity where it previously did not exist. Certain standards that, by default, were discriminatory and were not relevant to the job should be removed (like a height requirement that would effectively eliminate most females if height is not relevant to the job.) But realistic factors that are relevant requirements should not be lowered.

If blacks aren't passing it would seem the schools in that area that are predominantly black are not up to par. That should be addressed.
                        "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by Nikk View Post
                          ^^ This.

The original, valid purpose of "affirmative action" was to provide opportunity where it previously did not exist. Certain standards that, by default, were discriminatory and were not relevant to the job should be removed (like a height requirement that would effectively eliminate most females if height is not relevant to the job.) But realistic factors that are relevant requirements should not be lowered.

If blacks aren't passing it would seem the schools in that area that are predominantly black are not up to par. That should be addressed.
                          ^^and this.

Either fix it at the younger age or teach them for the job they are going for. All that money wasted on welfare type programs is doing nothing for this country!! Raise'em stupid and keep'em stupid is all we seem to support.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                            Failure to prepare on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. If you're not smart enough to get the job, you don't deserve it. I don't give a sh1t if you're black, white, hispanic, green, or friggin polka dot. It's the dumbest idea and has lead to reverse racism.
                            Agree, except that there's no such thing as "reverse racism"; there's just racism. A photograph of the family around the dinner table at my house on Thanksgiving looks like a United Colors of Benetton commercial. If you discriminate in favor of some of us, you have discriminated against some of us. Racism is racism and we don't need no stinkin' racism.

To expand a little upon my previous post, I think my plan would be better "affirmative action" than the crap that's in place now. Not all Black kids are disadvantaged. My grandkids have a very comfortable middle-class lifestyle which includes a top-notch education. They're going to have the opportunity to reach whatever level of accomplishment they aspire to and some extra melanin in the skin isn't going to hold them back. Throwing tax money in their direction isn't going to change anything except to reduce what the family pays out of pocket. Kids from other backgrounds, however, could benefit from some extra help but programs like the above just teach them that it's more important to be [insert race here] than to actually do the work and achieve something.
                            "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                            But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                            "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                            We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Didn't KCMO try this? Wanting to lower the standards so those with prior felonies were elgibile for hire just because they wanted more blacks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6724 users online. 355 members and 6369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X