300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What old laws are still....

What old laws are still on the books in your state? Here's a few from my state.

All clocks must be set 10 minutes fast.

Blind men are not allowed to fly helicopters between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Women are not allowed to stand within 5 feet of a bar while drinking.

Stupid people are not allowed to take an IQ test.

Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden.

If you're more than 100 lbs overweight you can not use playground equiptment.

You can not take a picture of a rabbit between January and April without a permit.

These made me laugh except for the no fishing with a firearm. That one makes sense even today.
    I'm old......that's all.

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
    There is a state law prohibiting “corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.
    You may not engage in business on Sundays, with the exception of almost every industry.
    If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
    You may not have oral or anal sex.
    Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.
    Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
    It is illegal to tickle women.
    No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM.
    *those were state laws, here are some city/county ordinances*
    A person of color may not be oustide or within the city limits after 7 pm.
    Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated.
    A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman’s derriere.
    It is legal for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
    It is also unlawful to drive by the same place within 30 minutes on Atlantic Avenue.
    It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.(my favorite)

source: www.dumblaws.com
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

In my experience those laws hardly ever on the books.

If they are, they are perfectly reasonable laws grossly stretched.

For example, they will put something like "It is illegal to walk an elephant in the park", when the law simply prohibits all pets in the park.

Comment

1. Rape
        2. Murder

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Wisconsin Statute 941.34 makes it illegal to possess or use a fluoroscopic shoe fitting machine.

http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gat...s&jd=ch.%20941
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

GA law prohibits fornication before marriage. After getting out of the academy, did a job app where I was asked if I had ever willfully broken a law. I answered yes...
            Originally posted by Ceridwen
            Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

90% of the 'laws' they quote are completely made up. The remaining 10% are grossly misquoted.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
                What old laws are still on the books in your state? Here's a few from my state.

If you're more than 100 lbs overweight you can not use playground equipment.

These made me laugh except for the no fishing with a firearm. That one makes sense even today.
                That one makes sense too. On many objects there are weight requirements so that it doesn't break and nobody gets hurt.

Comment

Utah, Taken right off the States website.
                  http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/TITLE76.htm

76-7-104. Fornication.
                  (1) Any unmarried person who shall voluntarily engage in sexual intercourse with another is guilty of fornication.
                  (2) Fornication is a class B misdemeanor.

76-7-103. Adultery.
                  (1) A married person commits adultery when he voluntarily has sexual intercourse with a person other than his spouse.
                  (2) Adultery is a class B misdemeanor.

76-10-402. Manufacture, possession, sale, use, or attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction prohibited -- Penalties.
                  A person who without lawful authority intentionally or knowingly manufactures, possesses, sells, delivers, displays, uses, attempts to use, solicits the use of, or conspires to use a weapon of mass destruction or a delivery system for a weapon of mass destruction, including any biological agent, toxin, vector, or delivery system as those terms are defined in this section, is guilty of a first degree felony.

76-10-403. Manufacture, possession, sale, use, or attempted use of a hoax weapon of mass destruction prohibited -- Penalty.
                  Any person who without lawful authority intentionally or knowingly manufactures, possesses, sells, delivers, displays, uses, attempts to use, solicits the use of, or conspires to use a hoax weapon of mass destruction with the intent to deceive or otherwise mislead another person into believing that the hoax weapon of mass destruction is a weapon of mass destruction is guilty of a second degree felony.

76-10-1505. Discharging firearms and hurling missiles into buses and terminals -- Exception.
                  (1) Any person who discharges a firearm or hurls a missile at or into any bus or terminal shall be guilty of a third degree felony.
                  (2) The prohibition of this section does not apply to elected or appointed peace officers or commercial security personnel who discharge firearms or hurl missiles in the course and scope of their employment. (LOL)
                  The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                  I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                  Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                    90% of the 'laws' they quote are completely made up. The remaining 10% are grossly misquoted.
                    I think you are correct, VA has most of the same as other states. I do think oral sex is illegal in VA.
                    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Not a single one for Alaska is true except the obvious ones (pushing moose out an airplane IS animal cruelty but so is pushing a dog or a cat or a llama...).

Comment

In the City of York (UK), it is technically still legal to shoot a Scotsman within the city walls after dark on a Sunday, but only if you are on horseback and use a bow and arrow.

And it is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

Comment

I wish O.com had a rule against posting "laws" without including a valid source. Not from a website purporting to list the "laws", but from actual, legitimate websites such as an official government site that has the actual law, numbering, unabridged text, etc.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Tip to anyone believing that site:

If there is a link to the actual law, read it. You will see that most of them are reasonable laws.
                            If there is not a link, it is made up.
                            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

[QUOTE=ateamer;2681656]I wish O.com had a rule against posting "laws" without including a valid source. Not from a website purporting to list the "laws", but from actual, legitimate websites such as an official government site that has the actual law, numbering, unabridged text, etc.[/QUOTE Is this more like you want? I didn't mind finding them.
                              Wyo. state law 23-3-201(d) No person shall take,wound or destroy any fish of Wyo.with a firearm of any kind or nature. (e) No person shall snag any fish of Wyo. except as specifically authorized by the commission. For purposes of this subsection,"snag" means attempting to take a fish in such a manner that the fish does not take the hook voluntarily in its mouth.

35-10-402 If anyone is drunk in a mine,he/she could land in jail for 1 year.

33-18-105 Junk dealers may not make any business transactions with drunk persons.

6-9-202 Any person who fails to close a fence is subject to a $750 fine.

6-9-301 Skiing under the influence of alcohol is prohibited.

The one about no woman can drink within 5 feet of a bar and no picture taking of rabbits between Jan. and April was there too but I figured enough is enough. The others may very well have been made up or simply taken off as being too stupid to keep. I started the post to get a chuckle,that's all.
                              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3027 users online. 150 members and 2877 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X