• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop gets taken out by car

This is terrible.

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vi...g93fwvwd3yO5Om

i hope the POS got caught and got an asswhoopin
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

That hurt me to watch. My heart goes out to the Officer, I hope he had a speedy and full recovery. You could see that his legs were very badly messed up there. Crying shame. I too hope the POS was apprehended and got what was coming to him.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

How absolutely horrifying! I hope he lives! My prayers go out to him and his family!
      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Man..... I actually winced watching that. I sure hope he makes a full recovery. And that the driver of that vehicle died in a fiery auto crash at the end of that chase.

Comment

10/6/2010 12:04:00 PM
          Veto back on the road following recovery

Ryan Dostalek
          Hometown News Group

TOWN OF WESPORT –– With a cloudy start to the first day of fall, Dane County Sheriff Deputy Dale Veto, clad in brown sheriff garb, sat in his gold, black and red squad car in the Town of Westport.

It was just after 8 a.m. and Veto had been already patrolling Dane County roads for two hours.

Coffee by his side, he rolled out of the town hall’s parking lot and headed west, finally settling in the entrance to the Bishop’s Bay neighborhood near Middleton.

Veto propped his laser speed gun on his forearm and pointed it down the highway, making sure drivers were following the rules of the road.

“From day one, when I got hurt, I told myself that I’m going to be back,” he said. “I just had this mental process that I’m not going to let this kid stop me.”

Deputy Veto has been back to work since January, but was finally able to get out from behind the desk and back on the road in July.

Just two years earlier, Veto’s world was turned upside down.

In an instant, Veto went from an active father with his then 7-year-old daughter to being flown by helicopter to a Madison hospital where doctors weren’t sure whether he would ever walk again.

On March 28, 2008, Veto was ahead of a high-speed chase near Sun Prairie on Hwy. 151 at the Hwy. V off ramp.

To help the pursuing officer, long-time friend Deputy Randy Wiessinger, Veto deployed “stop sticks” – hollow spikes that puncture a fleeing driver’s tires and slowly deflate them, bringing the car to a stop.

“I threw the strips far enough and hard enough so it would c over part of the off ramp,” Veto remembers. “As the spikes were on the off ramp, I saw him turn once toward me. I thought I had got out of the way, and as I did that he turned at me again.”

The driver, then 15-year-old Dominique Gulley, hit Veto, who was standing on the gravel shoulder of the inside lanes of Hwy. 151.

Gulley had stolen the vehicle from a juvenile facility in Stoughton before leading authorities on the county-wide chase.

“As it unfolded in front of me, I can guarantee anybody and everybody that I was 100 percent convinced that he was dead, killed before my eyes.” Wiessinger said about his fellow officer. “But it wasn’t shocking that Dale, lying on the side of the highway at my knees, was convinced that he was coming back to work.”

Gulley pleaded no contest and was found guilty of first-degree reckless injury and sentenced to two years in juvenile detention and 12 years of adult probation, according to court records.

Gulley was released April 29 of this year, and four days later stole another vehicle. He was re-sentenced Monday. Now 18, Gulley will spend 11 years in prison and will have 13 years of extended supervision.

Following the incident, Veto spent nearly a month at University of Wisconsin Hospital where he underwent five surgeries to repair his two broken legs and his broken shoulder.

His right leg was an open fracture; the left leg was “disintegrated.”

Veto now has a 12 millimeter thick, titanium rod connecting his right knee to his ankle, and he has a titanium plate between his left knee and ankle. The left leg was so broken that rods wouldn’t help, he said.

The next 18 months, Veto spent his time between home and various rehabilitation units to help him regain functions in his legs.

Initially he was taken by a medical van to the UW’s rehab facility on Science Drive in Madison. He would make the trip three days each week for an hour at a time.

As he got stronger, he said the time increased.

Eventually, Veto could ride with family and friends, and by August 2008, he could drive himself to rehab, which he continued at Prairie Athletic Club.

In the summer of 2009, Veto began a new program to help get him ready for work as a sheriff’s deputy again.

He went to Madison’s Sport and Spine Clinic which put him through rigorous exercises to help him jump and run again, as law enforcement officers are required to.

Veto became emotional talking about the incident and rehabilitation, as his eyes filled with tears.

“From day one, I knew I wanted to get back to work,” he said. “I told myself I’ve got to do it, the therapy, which I did.”

He continued.

“I think it’s a lot of mind over matter. If there’s something you want to do, you’ll do it.”

Some didn’t think Veto would make it back to the job, let alone in a full capacity on the road.

Wiessinger was one of those self-proclaimed “naysayers.”

“Just being there and seeing the trauma that his body went through, what happened, and that it was a miracle that he was alive,” he said was enough to make him believe Veto wouldn’t return. “Certainly what he went through and the hazards we face every day, not many would come back.”

Wiessinger said if anyone were able to come back, it would be Dale with his passion for the job.

“He fought through an extremely long and painful road to recovery through his determination to professional law enforcement and to serve the people he’s always served,” he said. “Dale is and always will be committed to professional law enforcement; there’s no other thing that he’d rather do.”

Veto spent his first day back sitting behind a desk, doing various assignments and helping where he could at the Northeast Precinct.

For 90 days, he sat at the Northeast Precinct. His contract required him to take a mandatory two-week vacation before he spent another 90 days at the Sheriff’s Department’s headquarters in downtown Madison.

Doctors and the department gave Veto medical clearance to return to full duty in late June, which required him to pass a battery of physical tests.

The approval process put Veto’s legs to the test. They made him run, pull a weighted dummy, sidestep through an agility course, climb ladders and jump over handrails and off loading docks.

Veto said the three- or four-hour test was more intensive than when he first joined the department in 1991, adding that new recruits have to pass a stress test, rather than a physical gauntlet such as what he went through.

With the clearance behind him, Veto spent two weeks riding with the deputy, temporarily filling his contractual policing position with the towns of Westport, Burke and Bristol.

The morning of July 5, Veto slipped behind the wheel for the first time on his own since the 2008 incident.

“I wasn’t nervous about doing my job,” he said. “I was more nervous and apprehensive about doing things the right way.”

On the job in September, with a white truck pulled over on the side of Hwy. 113, Veto walked up to the passenger side to talk to the driver about his alleged speeding violation.

A bystander wouldn’t be able to notice Veto’s injuries, aside from the very slightest of limps as he walks to and from stopped vehicles.

“The frustrating part is how good is it going to get?” he asked rhetorically of his left leg. “I still think it will get better.”

Veto’s doctors told him he wouldn’t know how good his legs, particularly his left leg which has lasting nerve and muscle damage, would be for at least five years after the surgery, he said.

He feels his leg is back to about 75 percent of what it was capable of doing before being struck, and it improves day by day.

“I can see from day one through now that it still continues to get better,” he said. “I’ve just had to learn to work with and adapt to it.”

Off the job, Veto has noticed considerable improvement in his legs’ functions.

The biggest reason Veto fought to regain the strength in his legs was his daughter. She was 7 at the time of the accident and was just becoming active in sports and other outdoor activities.

“There was a lot of wanting to be with her, do stuff with her,” he said with tears spilling down his face. “Sports, playing catch, riding bike – all the things you do with your child.”

Veto recalled the first time he tried to play catch with her since his injuries. She would throw the ball, and it wouldn’t come to him, he said, describing how the ball would fly over his head or off to the side.

“She’d say dad jump; dad get it,” he remembered.

At the time, Veto could have fallen if he attempted to jump for the ball.

“Now it’s as close to normal as can be,” he said. “At least now I can jump and run and be able to play with her.”

And she has dad on the run, having a volleyball tournament over the weekend, along with softball practice and bowling to start soon.

Veto, his daughter and his wife, spent their summer traveling, something the family wasn’t able to do until recently.

The Vetos traveled to visit friends in Ft. Collins, Colo., made their first trip to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and spent a week with their extended family in St. Germain.

“The last couple of years I couldn’t do things like I wanted,” he said. “But this year we were able to get out and move around and do more family type stuff that I enjoy doing.”

And on that first autumn morning, the sun came out for Veto as he drove the country roads of Northern Dane County.

“It’s pretty normal being in the car,” he said as he once again checked the speeds of oncoming traffic. “It’s just trying to get the rust off.”

Veto swung his car into the Westport Town Hall’s parking lot once again and paused a moment.

“My doctor that did the surgery, I don’t think she thought I would walk very much any more, mainly that I would return to work,” he said. “I even think there were some coworkers that thought I probably wouldn’t return to work. Those that know me personally know that I’m not one to give up. I just had to prove them wrong, I guess.”

Comment

^Outstanding. That's some doggone motivating stuff right there...
            Edit: Brilliant comments under the video by the way...website looks dodgy as well...
            Last edited by Yvan; 03-12-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

What a dedicated officer and person in general! Glad all turned out well for him and his family! What an inspiration to all!
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

''Gulley pleaded no contest and was found guilty of first-degree reckless injury and sentenced to two years in juvenile detention and 12 years of adult probation, according to court records.

Gulley was released April 29 of this year, and four days later stole another vehicle. He was re-sentenced Monday. Now 18, Gulley will spend 11 years in prison and will have 13 years of extended supervision''

That ****ed me off. They just let him off with barely any punishment because of his age. And then he goes out and does the same crap all over again. We need a better justice system.
                Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

^^^^^

Karma has a way of catching up to people.

Great article a few posts up- It truly choked me up a bit when I was reading about his motivation for his daughter & work. I didn't watch the video (seen too much this year) but I got the idea from all the posts.

God Bless you Brother and your resilience!!
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

There was a post on this video when it happened but according to something I read a while back he was in the process of suing the juvenile facility. That website you linked to is a hangout for the turds of the world. I've been in numerous residents where they had the website up on their computer.
                    yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      Gulley pleaded no contest and was found guilty of first-degree reckless injury and sentenced to two years in juvenile detention and 12 years of adult probation, according to court records.
                      This is ****ing bull****. Fine, the kid's age is a mitigating factor, but the charge is Attempt Murder on a PO, not ****ing reckless injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Chomp View Post
                        This is ****ing bull****. Fine, the kid's age is a mitigating factor, but the charge is Attempt Murder on a PO, not ****ing reckless injury.
                        if you google the deputies name there are multiple articles about him speaking out for tougher laws for assaults on LEOs and some quotes n how he felt when the prosecutor told him that the guy was just trying to get past the spikes...

Comment

As a survivor of a vehicle vs. Nikk incident, that was very painful to watch. (Well, it would have been anyway!) Glad to hear the update, that he came through and returned to duty. (I had to re-qualify physically too.)

I totally agree the laws should be tougher for assaults on officers. (Mine was an accident, the car that hit me spun out on black ice. The one in the article sure sounds intentional).
                          "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3734 users online. 204 members and 3530 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X