300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.9 Earthquake hits Japan, with several huge tsunamis

Just happened about 2200 hours PST. Bearcat has a tsunami warning where he lives. So Cal has a tsunami watch.

The news video is crazy. I have no words. Prayers go to everyone who has been affected by this mega disaster.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

How many years late is our earthquake?.. We're due for a big one any day now.

Comment

We are....and I hope we ONLY have the quake to deal with, and NOT those massive tsunamis.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by DAL

Comment

I was speechless as well, watching CNN cover a live tsunami hit. I can't imagine 3 minutes of 8.something shaking.

I did note amazingly, that Japan's buildings remained intact after the earthquakes, it was the tsunami that did the damage.

Comment

Bearcat is under a warning.... He's got beer, MREs, and water...... and standing by till the 3AM strike if it hits here......

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post
            I was speechless as well, watching CNN cover a live tsunami hit. I can't imagine 3 minutes of 8.something shaking.

I did note amazingly, that Japan's buildings remained intact after the earthquakes, it was the tsunami that did the damage.
            I don't think anyone has more experience with earthquakes than the Japanese. They're pretty lucky, good buildings can only go so far, a dense city like Tokyo with what, 30,000,000 residents? That's a massive disaster waiting to happen.

I'm inland these days, don't have to worry about a tsunami, unless it makes it over the Santa Cruz mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by zr5667 View Post
              I don't think anyone has more experience with earthquakes than the Japanese. They're pretty lucky, good buildings can only go so far, a dense city like Tokyo with what, 30,000,000 residents? That's a massive disaster waiting to happen.

I'm inland these days, don't have to worry about a tsunami, unless it makes it over the Santa Cruz mountains.
              Mother nature will get you if she wants, regardless of where you live.

http://www.bigskyfishing.com/Lake-Fi...uake_lake.shtm

Comment

It is some amazing video on tv of this. I was awake at midnight (Pacific time) and watching tv when it hit live. There was more video than I am seeing on the news at this time. I feel bad for everyone over there and my prayers are with them.

Yeah Socal is under a tsunami warning but at best we will get 3 foot waves. This is on top of our normal waves (which is low tide here). If they did not close the beaches and there was not a hardcore riptide associated with this, then I would go surfing. .
                Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Not entirely sure how this thread is law enforcement related....

Comment

Originally posted by vfm208 View Post
                    A Deputy Sheriff posted it. There is your nexus. Now learn how to spell "South."
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by DAL

Comment

vfm208

contains bad language...
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

This is sad, i hope the death toll stops where its at. So glad to live in Michigan.

Comment

Partly because their are several members on here from Cali and even Hawaii who are in LE...and it's in the public forum in case you missed that part.
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

And we have responsiblities during this type of event.

I had to help shuffle boats around Marina Del Rey last time we had a tsunami surge. It is amazing the strength the currents have even when you are not dealing with inland surging waves. Watched the tide twist up a couple docks and pull the cleat off a boat that was tied up. Our big *** engined "Moose Boat" was having a hard time trying to move against the current even at full throttle.
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Because its law enforcement that is also apart of the response to such events. LEOs don't only enforce law but also help during natural disasters.

I hope the Japanese people are able to recover and that the aftershocks end.

The sticky issue now for Japan is that nuclear power plant that is having issues.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 380 members and 5973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X