X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops Bad-Mouth Competition in Ford Police Interceptor Webisodes

http://www.insideline.com/ford/cops-...webisodes.html

Just the Facts:

* A new series of six YouTube webisodes featuring the 2011 Ford Police Interceptor show real police officers test-driving the Ford vehicle and its competitors and then bad-mouthing the Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Tahoe police vehicles.
    * The uniformed officers who appear in the webisodes were "not paid for their participation," said Ford in a disclaimer.
    * The riveting webisodes show cops getting stuck in the Chevrolet Tahoe as they attempt to navigate a gravel-filled course and griping that the Charger is "somewhat lethargic."

DEARBORN, Michigan — Taking a page from reality TV, Ford has released six YouTube webisodes that show real cops bad-mouthing the Chevrolet Tahoe and Dodge Charger police vehicles and raving about the 2011 Ford Police Interceptor. The Dearborn automaker says the police were "not paid for their participation" in the riveting webisodes.

In one webisode entitled "Dog Bone," the cops get stuck in the Chevrolet Tahoe PPV as they attempt to navigate a gravel-filled course. Another cop gripes that the Dodge Charger is "somewhat lethargic" after test-driving it. The Tahoe is also castigated by the men in blue for being "top heavy," while the Charger is knocked because "she seems kind of heavy."

"It was pretty sick, man," says Don Spence, a Dundee, Michigan police officer and Iraq War veteran, after test-driving the Ford Police Interceptor.

"I'm a believer," says Chris Whaley, a member of the Ontario Provincial Police, after his turn in the Ford.

Perhaps the most critical part of the exercise is Ford's disclaimer at the beginning of the webisodes. "The following demonstrations feature real police officers," it said. "They were not paid for their participation. Their comments and opinions are their own."

In a statement, Ford said it turned its new Police Interceptor — which is based on the 2011 Ford Explorer — over to "authorities for a series of competitive driving exercises against the Chevrolet Tahoe PPV and Dodge Charger Pursuit, proving that Ford's Police Interceptors are up for any challenge."

The two-day test drives were conducted at Ford's Arizona Proving Ground in Wittman.

The webisodes are compelling viewing for consumers because they provide insight into how police think when they are behind the wheel and what they look for in a vehicle.

The Ford Police Interceptor is due to hit the streets late this year. It is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that makes 280 horsepower and a six-speed automatic transmission. Ballistic door panels are optional.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Left the caprice out?

The best new car will be the Caprice.
    The better new SUV would be the Ford.

Pretty slick on fords part. I'd love to see some mustangs on the roads again. Even the v6 mustang would be a good car.

Not that my .02 matters untill they are worn out and passéd down I'll never see one.
    Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

I think the AWD turbo-charged Ford Taurus will be wicked with speed and handling. If agencies are to move to the Taurus package from Ford, it should be the more expensive of the two options with AWD capability. I doubt the standard FWD V6 Taurus will do anything better than the Impala.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Did any of the video show if the new Ford when hit from behind would blow up???? LOL I'll stick with my Tahoe .... it's got balls and great handling.

Comment

A Charger lethargic? Then you are not driving it right.
          Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
          I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
          Originally posted by weinerdog2000
          as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Redders View Post
            A Charger lethargic? Then you are not driving it right.
            I second that. My Charger with the 5.7 is anything but lethargic.
            Good.........bad..........I'm the guy with the gun - Army of Darknesssigpic

Comment

ford is smart using opinions on Personal feelings. "felt slow"

A slow honda civic with a fart can "feel fast" compared to a
              Smooth quite Mercedes which is really much faster. As the personal feelings of speEd are based on perceptions using our sensory skills. Let numbers tell the truth. Skid pad, 0-60, 70-0, using a timed method.
              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

I like the charger and wished we would phase out the crowns for chargers. UNTIL, I took a charger home and parked in my yard. I park it out of view kind of around back. To get out I have to kind of turn around by backing up a slight hill, grass/dirt surface. The stupid thing got STUCK! And its not like a loose dirt or wet surface. My crown does the same thing all the time with the slightest problem. The crown gets alot more off pavement traction then a charger.

I like the charger more then the crown vic, its faster, more stylelish, but it has no off pavement traction which is something you need in a squad car.
                Last edited by DeputySC; 03-10-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Did Ford pay for their visit to AZ and lodging, meals etc?

Comment

I saw those videos today as a matter of fact. I'm not brand biased in any way but when a manufacturer puts out a video, it's obviously gonna be biased toward them. That's pretty obvious.

And the regular version, FWD, V6? And that's supposed to be any more accepted than Impalas were? I'm sure all these agencies with hurting budgets are gonna opt for the twin turbo version. It'll never happen.

Whats the base motor that the Caprice has in it? Is it the same V6 that the base model Camaros get? Or is the 6 liter the only motor available?

Comment

Charger lethargic? That's a good one!

Comment

By lethargic, do they mean over all acceleration? Or responsiveness? The Taurus' transmission is supposed to be more advanced, and do a better job of quickly changing to the desired gear (coming out of a turn, for example).

Comment

The article and videos are about SUVs.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually the videos are about BOTH the new SUV and sedan from Ford.

I found the Dogbone gravel test to be the most interesting, having been stuck "once or twice" in a CVPI...
                            Last edited by Resq14; 03-11-2011, 12:17 AM.
                            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
                              I like the charger and wished we would phase out the crowns for chargers. UNTIL, I took a charger home and parked in my yard. I park it out of view kind of around back. To get out I have to kind of turn around by backing up a slight hill, grass/dirt surface. The stupid thing got STUCK! And its not like a loose dirt or wet surface. My crown does the same thing all the time with the slightest problem. The crown gets alot more off pavement traction then a charger.

I like the charger more then the crown vic, its faster, more stylelish, but it has no off pavement traction which is something you need in a squad car.
                              Use d2 instead of D. It's not that the Charger has less
                              Traction but that it has way more torque.

nom de plume

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4024 users online. 219 members and 3805 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X