300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the common answer.

Why? They know that we can smell the alcohol, and so it would be pretty stupid to say "I haven't had any...", so they choose a number which they believe would not push them over the legal limit.

Back when most DWI/DUI limits were .10 the answer was usually three drinks. Now that most limits have been changed to .08 the answer has become two drinks.

They play their games, we play ours.

-V

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
      In reference to the guy who slammed 2 shots...I thought a breathe test was not accurate if the person taken it JUST drank alcohol, or burped,puked some up recently ?
      I believe he's referring to an Alcosensor road-side test, which is different than the official test at the station.

It is usually still advisable to wait a period of time before issuing an Alcosensor, but not absolutely required as the road-side test can only be used to determine the presence of alcohol in the subject's system, and not the amount.

An Alcosensor test is just one more indicia of intoxication used in conjunction with others (not alone by itself) to determine that the subject is impaired and that the quantifiable/court-worthy test is required.

And as for "JUST", well, the wait time for the actual BAT in most jurisdictions is only 20 minutes. You make it sound like it requires hours and hours before the test can be correctly administered.

-V

Comment

"Only two.................................I swear"
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

richie cunningham: All we had was beer in teeny-weeny little glasses.
          Howard cunningham: How many teeny-weeny little glasses did you have?
          Richie cunningham: Seventy-two.
          Howard cunningham: I think it's time for some teeny-weeny cups of coffee.
          :d
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Stupid Image Thing...
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
              Here you go wyofirebirdbaby.
              http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm
              Hey,that little test was awesome! Said at 2- 12 oz. beers every hour for 4 hours my BAC would only be .02! That was a neat test! Thank you very much!

And WTH is a Harry Buffalo???
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

I don't know about anybody else but really,after 4 or 5 drinks,who's counting anymore? By the time they get pulled over and asked how many,2 is as high as they can count anymore!!

I liked the answer given on Cops one time when the cop asked the crack head how much crack he'd done that day and his answer was...."All of it!" I about fell off my chair I laughed so hard yet admired him for telling the truth!
                I'm old......that's all.

Comment

two beers...the first and the last
                  dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                    When I was apartment security, I had one individual stopped one time, who was obviously intoxicated. I asked him how much had he had to drink. He replied 2. I repeated his answer, stunned. He clarified, 2 40 ounzes.
                    I arrested a biker for OWI one night. While questioning him, I asked how much he had to drink tonight.
                    He thinks long and hard about it and says "Two."
                    I ask him "Two what? Bottles? Cans? Glasses?"
                    He replies, "No, no, no. Cases."
                    \

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5571 users online. 340 members and 5231 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X