300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 2 drinks, whats up with that.

I am watching COPS tonight on TruTV. It's Mardi Gras and this drunk said he had 2 beers, a LEO friend said they all say that.

When I was in college I was pulled over and told the officer I had 2 beers, I think I had 2 pitchers but this was back in the late 70s when DUI was not as taboo and I was sort of on my college campus, the street went though it, I just had a few hundred feet to go for the parking lot. The officer let me go even tho I was drunk off my ***, I did know what time it was and was able to talk. Today my limit is one beer or drink with a meal when I drive, I will never do what I did in college again and thank God I never hurt anyone.

So what is up with I had just 2 beers or drinks? I guess it has been the same answer for many years. When you hear the 2 beer answer I guess you know that is bull crap.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

One time I got pulled over while leaving a bar parking lot. I did not use my turn signal while pulling out. The officer asked me if I had been drinking and I said yes. I had stopped in the bar for only 5 min and had two shots of vodka right in a row then left. The officer asked me how much I had to drink and I told him two drinks....he then kind of rolled his eyes lol. I then did all the SFST and passed, however, as I was doing them I could feel the alcohol start to kick in. Remember I had been pulled over literally just minutes after taking two shots, my first two drinks for the evening. Then I blew a .05. I didn't think it would have been that high. He cut me loose and I learned a valuable lesson. Don't even drive after having any drinks. Funny thing was I literally had only two drinks....sometimes it is the truth.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

I am real careful about that, if I do have a beer or glass of wine I will have a meal with it and not rush out after that. If I have one if the kids from the barn with me I won't drink anything, I will never drive a car with a child after having amount of alcohol. There is no excuse for DUI in my area with the public transportation we have.

I know a guy that was drunk, called for a tow truck when they got there they asked what shop he wanted it taken to, he said my house because I am drunk. The tow truck took him and his car to his house. A know a cabbie that told me one night a man called for 2 cabs, one to drive his car to his house and the other to take the cabbie back to his cab. Both men were clever in taking care of their problem, only if everyone was.
      It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yeah actually on nights like New Years or the 4th of July AAA and other companies offer free tows to your house and/or free cab rides. Those are all really good ideas. I'm glad my sister lives just a few blocks from my favorite watering hole. She told me I always have a place to crash (no pun intended) if I am ever not safe to drive. It's nice that it is within staggering distance.
        The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

But I'd do him.
        Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

Comment

We have sober ride here, MADD pays for it but its only for some weekends.

Comment

It is pretty funny but it is true. I dont know where the whole 2 beer lie started but about 90% of the drunks I stop say 2 beers.

Comment

I have arrested hundreds of drunk drivers in my patrol days and about 99% respond with " a couple beers" I did have one old man after backing into our patrol car at a red light admit that he had drunk 15 gin and tonics. If I remember correctly he blew about a .35 or a little higher...
              Retired LASD

Comment

What they all fail to add to that only had 2 beers is....two beers AFTER I was already trashed! I was told in truck driving school that if you drink 1-2 drinks per hour that it's possible to never be over the legal driving limit. Any truth to that? When I do drink,I drink the Bud Light "ponies" that are only 7 oz. a bottle. I'm not a big drinker and don't like the feeling that goes along with being drunk so I will normally only consume two 7 oz. beers in an hour. I've done that for hours a couple times and didn't feel even buzzed but wonder what my BAC really was.
                I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Here you go wyofirebirdbaby.
                  http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

But I'd do him.

Comment

Everyone who is actually drunk always says they've had 2 beers. Not 3, not 4, not 1. Always 2.

Comment

When I was apartment security, I had one individual stopped one time, who was obviously intoxicated. I asked him how much had he had to drink. He replied 2. I repeated his answer, stunned. He clarified, 2 40 ounzes.
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I had 2 beer...towers...

Comment

I've only been drunk once in my life, and I wasn't driving. 9 times out of 10, if I have a drink when I'm out, I do it with a meal. Any time I have 2 beers (which is not very often), I always space it out over 1.5 to 2 hours at the least.

3 years ago, I had 2 beers (honestly only two normal pint glasses) when I was out with my girlfriend (now wife) and left the bar after about an hour. I was (and still am) about 185 lbs, a heavyweight, didn't feel anything after drinking other than a bit relaxed, and according to the BAC chart, was not over the limit, but it doesn't change the fact that I probably should have been more careful. So now, it's a rule of thumb that I either limit to one drink or space out my 2 drinks over a longer period of time.
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

Two beers. The first and last.
                            Originally posted by crass cop
                            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

In reference to the guy who slammed 2 shots...I thought a breathe test was not accurate if the person taken it JUST drank alcohol, or burped,puked some up recently ?
                              Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4957 users online. 285 members and 4672 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X