Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little advice from all would be great!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little advice from all would be great!

I have a friend whose 18 year old son was recently put in jail for having sex with a 14 year old. He'd just met the girl and didn't know much about her. (She knew about him and had a crush on him so she initiated the meeting.) She told him she was 16,soon to be 17, and her friend confirmed it to him and his buddy.

To make a long story short,she was only 14 (he'd just turned 18 3 days before their encounter) but he didn't know it.

Because she didn't get home until 3 a.m. and was afraid of possibly being pregnant (or scared of her parents) she told her parents she'd had sex and so on.........!

Now he's sitting in jail with 2nd degree sexual assault charges that can ruin his life while she's out and flapping her gums about it.

My question is how does one not let this happen? At the age of 18 a 16 year old girl is about the right age to date while 14 isn't but what could he have done to protect himself? (Besides NOT having sex!) Girls look older these days and have always lied about their age but now days it can have a much more devastating effect than it did even 10 years ago.( All you'd have seen of him would have been elbows and a55holes if he'd known she was 14!)

How can a guy be sure the girl is as old as she claims? We don't have student Id's here but driving permits are issued at 15. Not everyone gets one of those. Isn't she responsible at all for having lied to him?
    I'm old......that's all.

Wanting civilians to post now? What happened to using ask a cop? From my non-leo standpoint, I'd assume if it was confirmed by friends then she'd have to deal with it. Either way, she's too young. NOT GOOD.
    sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
    I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon
      Don't have sex with someone unless you are married to them.
      Or at lease get know who you are with.
      It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Too late for wisdom now...
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

two forms of picture ID are required

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd_jones View Post
            two forms of picture ID are required
            And a few refrences.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

So like I know this is a stupid question and unfounded in our modern progressive new world but,
              Where was the 14 year olds parents if they didn't want their little angel out have sex with other teens?
              Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
                How can a guy be sure the girl is as old as she claims? We don't have student Id's here but driving permits are issued at 15. Not everyone gets one of those. Isn't she responsible at all for having lied to him?
                As others have said, don't go around screwing girls you just met. If you must, check ID's first, preferably with a witness or copy machine. No ID = no nasties.
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

In MN anyway, the CSC statute says that mistaken age is no defense to the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by mnwannabe View Post
                    In MN anyway, the CSC statute says that mistaken age is no defense to the crime.
                    Pretty much the same in Iowa......................HOWEVER depending on the birthdates of the two (see bolded part)

709.4 SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
                    A person commits sexual abuse in the third degree when the person
                    performs a sex act under any of the following circumstances:
                    1. The act is done by force or against the will of the other person, whether or not the other person is the person's spouse or is cohabiting with the person.
                    2. The act is between persons who are not at the time cohabiting as husband and wife and if any of the following are true:
                    a. The other person is suffering from a mental defect or incapacity which precludes giving consent.
                    b. The other person is twelve or thirteen years of age.
                    c. The other person is fourteen or fifteen years of age and any of the following are true:
                    (1) The person is a member of the same household as the other person.
                    (2) The person is related to the other person by blood or affinity to the fourth degree.
                    (3) The person is in a position of authority over the other person and uses that authority to coerce the other person to submit.

(4) The person is four or more years older than the other person.

3. The act is performed while the other person is under the influence of a controlled substance, which may include but is not limited to flunitrazepam, and all of the following are true:
                    a. The controlled substance, which may include but is not limited to flunitrazepam, prevents the other person from consenting to the act.
                    b. The person performing the act knows or reasonably should have known that the other person was under the influence of thecontrolled substance, which may include but is not limited to
                    flunitrazepam.
                    4. The act is performed while the other person is mentally incapacitated, physically incapacitated, or physically helpless.

Sexual abuse in the third degree is a class "C" felony.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I have a friend whose 18 year old son was recently put in jail for having sex with a 14 year old. He'd just met the girl and didn't know much about her. (She knew about him and had a crush on him so she initiated the meeting.) She told him she was 16,soon to be 17, and her friend confirmed it to him and his buddy.

To make a long story short,she was only 14 (he'd just turned 18 3 days before their encounter) but he didn't know it.

Because she didn't get home until 3 a.m. and was afraid of possibly being pregnant (or scared of her parents) she told her parents she'd had sex and so on.........!

Now he's sitting in jail with 2nd degree sexual assault charges that can ruin his life while she's out and flapping her gums about it.

My question is how does one not let this happen? At the age of 18 a 16 year old girl is about the right age to date while 14 isn't but what could he have done to protect himself? (Besides NOT having sex!) Girls look older these days and have always lied about their age but now days it can have a much more devastating effect than it did even 10 years ago.( All you'd have seen of him would have been elbows and a55holes if he'd known she was 14!)

Its all in BOLD. He didn't know her and because girls lie about their age is even more the reason to have gotten to know her. Most of the time boys think with the wrong head, and many men too. His few minutes of pleasure will follow him for life. He can still have a successful life but have a few limits on what career he gets.
                      It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

My question is how does one not let this happen?
                        Keep it in your pants.

Your friend is screwed.

Get better friends.
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                        After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

With all of the "help me" posts you have made lately, it seems like you need new friends.....better friends.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Smurfette
                          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                          Originally posted by DAL
                          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZone09 View Post
                            Wanting civilians to post now? What happened to using ask a cop? From my non-leo standpoint, I'd assume if it was confirmed by friends then she'd have to deal with it. Either way, she's too young. NOT GOOD.
                            Some of the civilians may have some good ideas on how someone can make sure guys are more diligent in finding out more info about a girl than just taking her word for it. I've been known to post on this general part also. You answered me,right?

The 2 people she said it in front of are going to testify that she lied but until then he's still in jail with one heck of a charge against him that in my opinion isn't his fault. And yes,she's too young by a long shot but the damage is done now and she actually started it. Just wondering how a person could keep it from happening to another. And it is NOT GOOD as you say!

Seems ones who should be charged with sexual abuse/assault get away with it and the innocent don't. Funny how that works at times.
                            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Devon
                              Don't have sex with someone unless you are married to them.
                              I agree and in a perfect world that'd work great but alass.............!
                              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3627 users online. 209 members and 3418 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X