300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay offs

It was a very sad day today at work...over 250 police officers getting laid off. The citizens don't care and the mayor is blaming the PD for our budget crisis..bunch of BS .

Best of luck getting hired somewhere they actually care about public safety.

Comment

That is too bad. I'm sure that bean counters had nothing to do with budget. Always, the police & fire and for sure the union. I'm sure the mayor didn't cut too much of his staff or their pay. Heck, if it is a good sized dept, I bet he didn't cut any of the cops that provide his protection!!!!

Would you care to share what PD?
      Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

I think he said San Jose PD from before.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/San-Jose-Officials-Warn-of-Police-Layoffs/1$56895

They should trim the budget starting from the salaries from the a-hole bureaucrats in charge.

Comment

The mayor released a proposal to lay off 349 of their approximate 1200 officer force. San Jose has a city of about a million people. This would seriously impact the PD's operations as well as the quality of life of the residents.

The Mayor, Chuck Reed, has said the 10% cuts in pay & benefits he wants would only save 100 positions. Their budget is VERY bad right now. Their Redevelopment Agency owes the County something like 60 million dollars in unpaid taxes.

Things are very bad for the City of San Jose.
          semper destravit

Comment

San Jose also has their own retirement plan, and doesn’t pay into CALPERS. So the city is carrying that cost, as well.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
            - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Well, San Fran came onto the Texas Board not too long ago and advertised. Maybe you could try them. Eff San Jose (Sharks too). Good luck finding a better job.
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Did the officers consider a pay/benefits reduction to keep those officers on the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivet View Post
                  It was a very sad day today at work...over 250 police officers getting laid off. The citizens don't care and the mayor is blaming the PD for our budget crisis..bunch of BS .
                  But.. But.. the Economy is getting Better! i just heard yesterday Unemployment Dropped to Only 8.9% now..
                  it is What it is

Comment

the officer have already taken a 10% cut and the city is requesting they take an additional 10% plus more layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog4907 View Post
                      That is too bad. I'm sure that bean counters had nothing to do with budget. Always, the police & fire and for sure the union. I'm sure the mayor didn't cut too much of his staff or their pay. Heck, if it is a good sized dept, I bet he didn't cut any of the cops that provide his protection!!!!

Would you care to share what PD?
                      It's the San Jose Pd. I'm not a police officer, im a dispatcher but it's affecting everyone. we are taking a 15 % paycut starting july

Comment

It's the San Jose Pd. I'm not a police officer, im a dispatcher but it's affecting everyone. we are taking a 15 % paycut starting july
                        that sucks..
                        it is What it is

Comment

Your dept must not belong in a union. I have been told over and over if unions would just give some there wouldn't be layoffs and out of control budgets. I have also been told that unions DICTATE what the depts must do and always get sweetheart deals because they buy off the politicians. You guys must have missed that memo.

Imagine that. Another threat from the bosses (by the way, these aren't police bosses, but city management) to make concessions or face layoffs. Unions make concessions and the city lays them off anyway. THAT is why the public employee unions are getting tired of giving because the city just keeps taking and then keeps blaming the union.
                          Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

If the city management really cared about service provided to the public, they'd eliminate every single department except police and fire. Public safety is the reason for a municipality's existence. Everything else is expendable.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog4907 View Post
                              Your dept must not belong in a union. I have been told over and over if unions would just give some there wouldn't be layoffs and out of control budgets. I have also been told that unions DICTATE what the depts must do and always get sweetheart deals because they buy off the politicians. You guys must have missed that memo.

Imagine that. Another threat from the bosses (by the way, these aren't police bosses, but city management) to make concessions or face layoffs. Unions make concessions and the city lays them off anyway. THAT is why the public employee unions are getting tired of giving because the city just keeps taking and then keeps blaming the union.
                              we do belong to a union but they SUCK ..take money and do crap with it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6390 users online. 387 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X