Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I am biased or anything, but the VA State Police have some very good-looking cars. They used to be blue over grey, but changed about ten years ago to silver (a Ford paint color availability change, according to what I have been told) cars with dark blue on the hood, roof and trunk.

The look is quite distinctive and you don't get them confused with any local agencies, as their color scheme is probably protected by a state law prohibiting its duplication by other departments.

When I was a teenager, I lived in Pennsylvania and the PA State Police had white cars with a bright blue hood & trunk. That scheme, along with the red strobe gumball and roof-mounted brake lights/turn signals, made for a distinctive look. You could spot them from very far away, especially at night.

P.S. The new Charger is one of the hottest-looking patrol cars ever - but they definitely need to keep the black "steelie" wheels with the silver dog dish hubcaps, instead of the plastic mag-style wheel covers.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

My personal favorite is the MA State Police's french and electric blue cars. They are the only dept. I've seen to use these colors on their cars.

Everybody counts or no one counts.
      -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
      -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Classic Black/White all the way. Gotta love the Charger Patrol cars!

Last edited by SoCalguy09; 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I think this might boil down to whether one is going simply by personal taste, or working in one (especially traffic). I can understand how some like the b&w scheme (tradition), but that also makes them highly visible (and thus makes traffic enforcement & moving through traffic a little more difficult). The non-traditional colors tend to make the units blend in better with other vehicles.

For simply taste reasons the one that gets my vote of those already posted...
          This Space For Rent

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
              I think this might boil down to whether one is going simply by personal taste, or working in one (especially traffic). I can understand how some like the b&w scheme (tradition), but that also makes them highly visible (and thus makes traffic enforcement & moving through traffic a little more difficult). The non-traditional colors tend to make the units blend in better with other vehicles.

For simply taste reasons the one that gets my vote of those already posted...
              Agreed. That is a sweet looking car.
              -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
              -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by redsox2010 View Post
                My personal favorite is the MA State Police's french and electric blue cars. They are the only dept. I've seen to use these colors on their cars.
                Don't like how they put the numbers of the car right in the front next to State Police. They should have put them on the rear of the car.

Comment

Was at that standoff as a part of a SWAT deployment. ISP cars are sharp.
                  "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

This is the winner for me.

World_So_Cold

Comment

I like this one, but I think they overdid it a bit with the patch on the hood.

-Harry Bosch

-Ronald Reagan

Comment

<<

The best looking paint scheme, IMHO
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Smurfette
                        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                        Originally posted by DAL
                        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I know I am one of the few, but I dig a very minimalistic look on police cars, so I like KCPD's new (old) scheme

My city's cars, pretty basic black/white with red (we now have new lightbars)

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                            I like B&W, but something about all black is more intimidating and cool looking.

One of my favorites...

Comment

Here's a few more that I like the looks of. (All from Mass.)

-Harry Bosch

-Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Not that I am biased or anything, but the VA State Police have some very good-looking cars. They used to be blue over grey, but changed about ten years ago to silver (a Ford paint color availability change, according to what I have been told) cars with dark blue on the hood, roof and trunk.

The look is quite distinctive and you don't get them confused with any local agencies, as their color scheme is probably protected by a state law prohibiting its duplication by other departments.

When I was a teenager, I lived in Pennsylvania and the PA State Police had white cars with a bright blue hood & trunk. That scheme, along with the red strobe gumball and roof-mounted brake lights/turn signals, made for a distinctive look. You could spot them from very far away, especially at night.

P.S. The new Charger is one of the hottest-looking patrol cars ever - but they definitely need to keep the black "steelie" wheels with the silver dog dish hubcaps, instead of the plastic mag-style wheel covers.
                                I really like their new look, but don't like the 'sticker' look of the old graphics. Looked kind of like the cars were designed to go from police at day to pizza delivery or taxi cab at night.

I also really like the look of SCHP and NCHP's cars.
                                Originally posted by Ceridwen
                                Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4868 users online. 261 members and 4607 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X