300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scumbag Family of Scumbag Cop Killer Threatens to Sue for Excessive Force

They found a denver lawyer willing to go after the agencies involved for a quarter million dollar alleging excessive force and a lack of medical care following the shooting of the suspect.

Borrowing from Shooter (mindless crap movie), these people's moral compass is so [screwed] up I'm surprised they could find their way back to the parking lot after talking to this attorney.

Long story short, in November right before thanksgiving, Reuben Reyes fled from police on the highway all the way back to Evans, Colorado in a high speed chase. When he was finally stopped, a deputy confronted the suspect as backup was still racing to the scene. A hand to hand struggle ensued in which Reyes got Officer Brownlee's handgun and killed the deputy.

He still had the firearm when the first Evans officers got onto the scene and was then killed by the responding backup officers who saw a dangerous, aggressive suspect with a firearm just coming out of a chase with a shots fired, officer down situation.

The multiple officers and deputies who were at that point arriving placed the medical priority on the downed officer. Reyes quickly died from the gunshot wounds.

The lawyer is of course grandstanding in the press and despite sending notice of claim, etc, to the attorneys representing the sheriff's office, etc, initially, has also directly contacted the weld county sheriff by letter.

The whole thing is a complete crap sandwich and its disgusting to see how far our society has sunk as the profession of law has become largely synonymous with the criminals and shady corporations individuals within the profession choose to represent in these kinds of situations.

The latest update from yesterday:
    http://www.greeleytribune.com/articl...ntprofile=1001
    Last edited by Oddball-Six; 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM.
    -------------------------------
    You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Give them all a free trip to hell.. or Iran.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Absolutely disgusting. I don't know what else to say.

Comment

This is just low.

"But he was a good man! He didn't mean do it! The big heartless officer just wanted to abuse his power!"

Comment

I don't like the thread title as the computer shortens it.
          Wish we could edit the titles.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

The family of the slain officer should file a wrongful death suit against the family of the killer, also aleging wronful use of deadly force. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Perhaps the lawyer will be the next Stephen Yagman, who sued LAPD for not providing adequate medical attention to the North Hollywood bank bandits who shot police officers. Hopefully, the attorney will end up like Mr. Yagman -- disbarred and serving time in federal prison.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Dal,
                I forgot about that idiot. What no talent hacks will do to get their name in papers eh.
                GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Desperate ramblings of a bad attorney with no case. He's writing to the Sheriff saying we may sue you, but also would be willing to settle? That's just sad.
                  “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

The comments section of the linked article contain certain useful email addresses. I'm just sayin'
                    (it also contains the usual, expected moronic comments..)

Comment

Take the case to trial, and wipe out the defense attorney. He's probably funding the fishing expedition

Comment

Odball-Six, putting in the fix for you CO brothers and sisters...

Dear scumbags family,
                        We're sorry your loved one was a piece of $#it and made the police chase, fight with, him overpower and then murder one of ours. He was then was killed in the line of dooshbaggery while holding the weapon he murdered the officer with. Unfortunately there are a limited number of medical responders available. Ergo, the police ( first responder ) will have EMS ( first responder ) attend a member our family first when in need of medical response.
                        Surely that is understandable, although unfortunate for your loved one. Since your loved one was actively engaged in multiple criminal acts, I am sure that takes some sting out of the issue. Henceforth, we will actively seek more of your tax dollars from the county commisioners to add additional EMS responders and equipment to our retinue of first responder elements.
                        Until this can be rectified by the agencies responsible for funding these entities, I strongly recommend you council other members of your inner circle to " Just say not to dooshbaggery and you won't get kilt."

Thanks for your understanding and not filing suit since it was out of your inept hands anyway.
                        katseiye

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4753 users online. 242 members and 4511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X