Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best movies of the last year

My favorite has to be Memento.

If you haven't seen this movie your missing out. Its a great psychological / crime drama / suspense / all out confusing movie. Its about a guy who can't form new memories due to an injury sustained during an assault on him and his wife. Now he is trying to find the killers. But since he can't remember anything he tatooes important messages on his body to remind him of his mission. And what makes the movie really cool is that its told backwards (its meant to keep you on equal footing with the main character since neither you or he has any idea why things are happening the way they are). You see the ending first. Then the few minutes leading up to the ending, then the few minutes leading up to that, etc, etc, until your at the beginning. And the beginning has a shock twist (I'll say no more lest I ruin the movie) which makes its completely necessary to watch the whole movie again to understand what you just saw.

Lord of the Rings, I loved it, i would have sat and watched the next two films without getting out of my seat.

Harry Potter appealed to thr child in me.

Mac
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Memento was great. I've never seen another movie like it!!!

Lord of the Rings was outstanding...definitley my favorite for the year!

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: DarthChoke ]

Comment

Which leftist puke stars in these movies?

Hollywood hasn't produced anything worth a damn in years.

Comment

Enemy at the gates, great book, great movie, about the battle of Stalingrad, WW II. A simple countryman becomes a sniper. The germans have the same answer... just see it.
          Better to die standing
          than living on your knees.

Comment

I liked "War of the Rats", the book on which "Enemy at the Gates" was based. I thought the movie sucked.

I enjoyed "Memento", but only after mentally rewinding the film when it was over. The ending (beginning?) was clever and thought provoking. It's a good film to discuss.

I rarely go to see first run movies, preferring to wait for the video or DVD. I've got a killer home theatre set-up. Consequently, I've yet to see many of the films of 2001.

Among those that I've liked have been:

Shrek, Moulin Rouge, Legally Blonde, Made, and A Knight's Tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni:
              My favorite has to be Memento.
              Ok, so I'm bored last night. I rented the DVD and watched this movie. Really cool the way it all fits together, wish I could play it in reverse. Strange movie though, very original....

I saw Shrek the other night, it's such a cute movie !! Well, now I'm off to watch The Gift.
              Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

I saw Memento and I still don't know what to think! My daughter, her boyfriend, and I watched the movie and we all came to a different conclusion about what actually happened. This is a very good discussion movie. I guess it is a movie I need watch a couple of times to "get it."

Comment

MEMENTO SPOILER

MEMENTO SPOILER

MEMENTO SPOILER

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE ENDING RUINED, DO NOT READ

FOR THOSE THAT WANT A LITTLE HELP CLEARING UP THE CONFUSION...READ ON

Teddy (Joe Pantoliano) did not murder Leonard's (Guy Pearce's) wife (Jorja Fox); he was using Leonard to rip off the drug dealers. It was Leonard himself who accidentally killed his wife. You see, Sammy Jankis (Stephen Tobolowsky) was real, and Leonard *did* investigate his claim, but Sammy wasn't married. Leonard used the Sammy story to block out the memory that it was *his* wife who had diabetes. She actually survived the rape, and died of insulin overdose later, while trying to test Leonard (who developed his "condition" during that assault). Leonard, with the help of Teddy, had already killed the rapist John G. over a year ago. When Teddy reminds Leonard of all these facts, Leonard, in a fit of pique, records Teddy's license plate number, flags it as the killer's, and adds the "Don't believe his lies" note to the Polaroid, thus setting the wheels in motion for Teddy's eventual demise.

Comment

I'm still watching the old movies.. bought the DVD Apocolypse Now Redux, the addition of the cut scenes adds new meaning and makes it over 3 hours long.
                    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Darthchoke, why did Lenny make Jimmy get undressed before he killed him? He said he didn't want to get blood on Jimmy's clothes but I wasn't clear on why he felt he needed to have him take them off. To make it look like a robbery???
                      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5787 users online. 327 members and 5460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X