• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else does NYPD ESU Own?

Too Much!!

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1091...33879802RNVKYO

Comment

Looks like a crash/rescue truck......not at all uncommon in major cities.....Both LASD and LAPD have something similar
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

FDNY wannabies But in all seriousness looks like a sweet rig and its amazing how much stuff can be packed in there.
        Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
          FDNY wannabies But in all seriousness looks like a sweet rig and its amazing how much stuff can be packed in there.
          Really? FDNY wannabe?
          Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

im..

going camping!
            break censorship chains

Comment

I love ESU....only because I'm a medic and have certs in half the stuff on their ESS trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
                Too Much!!

You're just jealous because you don't have that fancy Weber gas grill inside of your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post
                  Really? FDNY wannabe?
                  Someone can't take a joke, that truck looks like its rigged for rescue vs tactical work but that's what makes ESU so flexible since they appear to be able to handle almost every type of emergency except for fighting fires and transporting patients to the ER. I hold respect for both sides.
                  Last edited by MD11pilot; 12-29-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Double post.

Comment

*cough* it's a photoshop *cough*
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Those ESU guys do a lot of the stuff traditionally done by Fire and Rescue crews, hence all the equipment. Ad to that they are entry and SWAT guys , also. I believe NYPD has 10 of those trucks rolling around the city..

Comment

Not sure if this still holds, but back in the day, to get into ESU, beside the requisite hook, you had to have an additional skill. Welders, carpenters, electricians, firemen (those that tend boilers). That's what makes ESU great, they've always got someone that has the answer to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                            Gotcha!!

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                              NYPD does have trucks just like that. I have seen them during 9-11 and after.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6447 users online. 289 members and 6158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X