Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's One For MikeTx

I thought you'd appreciate this, Mike.

This was an incredibly frustrating day. Our chief held a news conference to release the results of an independent audit of our red light photo enforcement program, which was shut down six months ago because of some problems at a couple of our 19 photo-enforced intersections.

The chief was very clear: the audit says we should make some corrections, re-activate the 19 intersections, and add more red light cameras.

I spent two hours this afternoon brow-beating and cajoling the web site administrators for two of the television stations and the main newspaper because their stories indicated that THE CHIEF said we would re-activate the system. Two of the stories even said he declared that the cameras would be operational again within 30-60 days (highly unlikely).

I finally got the stories corrected, but it wasted most of my afternoon.

Just wanted you to know, Mike, that not everything's peaches-and-cream with the media -- even for me.

Thank you for your patience while I rant.

PS-I sent a "thank you" to the major tv station that got it right from the beginning. They haven't responded yet...probably too stunned at receiving an "attaboy."

Dave personally I'm sure your a likable person, and I would probably like you. My problem simply is with bias in the media and unfair characterization. Thanks for the post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4562 users online. 266 members and 4296 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X