X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice cartoon drawing honoring The Columbia

www.floridatoday.com/columbia/largercartoon.jpg

paraphrasing what the President said in his address on Saturday:
    "... although none of those brave people made it back to earth, I know that all of them made it home."

[ 02-03-2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: nickg ]
    I'll post, You argue.

I just set that as my wallpaper. Thanks.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

interesting .......Star of David up there.

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" I say.......
      Luke 3:14
      Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

What's your point Spaz? There are 7 stars, one for each of the Astronauts. Presumably the Star of David is for the Israeli. Personally, I think this is a great cartoon -- thanks for posting it Nick!
        "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Thanks for the link, Nick. I set it for my wallpaper too. I think it's a very nice tribute to the brave souls who passed through those gates.
          Criminals prefer unarmed victims.

Comment

he wasn't a practicing jew (tmk from reports) but israeli.

anyways, just strange.

i study theology and find it "interesting".
            Then some soldiers asked him [Jesus], "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely–be content with your pay."

Comment

I feel sorry for you Spaz.
              "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

I'm not a practicing Catholic but that doesn't make me any less Catholic. His parents survived the Holocaust. He deserves that star up there for their bravery and his.
                Janie

Comment

Colonel Ramon remained kosher even while in space. This would suggest to me that he was a practicing Jew, and took his faith very seriously. Does Spaz have a problem with Jews?

Mike
                  "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

sigh.

this isn't a religious forum and i rather not make it one.

i have no problem w/ jews or judaism.

short answer: i find it interesting that the author made an effort to point it out. just my thoughts.

Isaiah, chapter 40 is where the quote that Bush used. Great chapter.

Comment

You made it so by questioning the integrity of an astronaut who just lost his life. He was brave. They all were and their integrity should not be questioned ever. I have no more to say on the matter except my heart broke just like everyone elses.

[ 02-03-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi1 ]

Comment

How did he "question" anything? He just said it was "interesting." Why beat him up over your assumptions?

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by shrill:
                          How did he "question" anything? He just said it was "interesting." Why beat him up over your assumptions?

yeah i agree. i hadnt looked at the cartoon, and after i read his post i did. it seemed strange to me because that was the only religious symbol shown, no one else's religion was up there, just stars. i dont care one way or the other, but i can see how someone would say "interesting."
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by shrill:

I'd genuninely like to hear an interpretation of Spaz's cryptic posts that was anything other than disparaging to Col. Ramon. In fact, we all gave him an opening to provide one.

Unfortunately, Spaz is too much of a coward to stand up for his views in this forum. Instead he hides behind innuendo and sarcasm. Pathetic.

[ 02-03-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Oregon Mike:
                              Colonel Ramon remained kosher even while in space. This would suggest to me that he was a practicing Jew, and took his faith very seriously. Does Spaz have a problem with Jews?

Mike

Accualy, Col. Ramon wasn't an extremely devout Jew. He took Kosher meals in space as a symbolic gesture to his people. He also tried to observe the Sabbath. Ramon was a great hero to his nation, a bright ray of hope to a nation that has seen more than its share of suffering. I can't imagine what the people of Israel are feeling right now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4518 users online. 244 members and 4274 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X