300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Satillites are up there?

Serious question: What is the total number of satillites in orbit now? My wife and I were talking about that tonight, the internet don't reveal that number, but I say it must be in the hundreds...

Who knows the number?

Jim Burnes

The Teal survey says 600 - 610 as of Oct. 2001.
    http://www.spacedaily.com/news/satellite-biz-01t.html
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

LOL I was not sure of the number but I can see it being that high if not higher. IF you watch the night sky you can hardly go with out seeing a slow moving light (satillite) going by once every few minutes. I am still waiting for someone to mis figure their launch schedule and hit a satillite on the way up. I think it is getting awfully crowded up there.

Klar
      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Remember-there's one JUST TO WATCH Mike, so you may not need to count that one.

It's co-owned by NASA, FBI, CIA, Texas Parole Department, ASPCA, and Handgun Control.

(Even at this God-forsaken hour, I'm still full of it!)
        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

LOL you better watch it dave your eyes may start to turn a different color.

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Mars has two, but they aren't as big as they seem in the movie 'Total recall'.

Comment

Thats true...From what I can see from Tulsa, their about as big as the buttons on my shirt, so I don't think very much can be done with those moons.

Nawwwww, really. Thanks for the count. I know that watching the nightsky from Fort Irwin, CA allows one to see a large number of objects moving across the sky...interesting.

Jim Burnes

Comment

If you want to see that satellite check out
                www.heavens-above.com

You can use this to keep track of the Hubble and the ISS.

Program in your location and it will tell you to the second when the satellite will pass over you. It even gives a sky chart to show you just where to look.

It really wroks!

Comment

That's good Lone Ranger,

I made that site a fav, passed it onto my grandkids too.

But just idle thoughts...If there is that much metal and plastic in orbit, it really must be tricky to get people into orbit, to orbit safely and then get through it all again.

Thanks all for the input

Jim Burnes

Comment

That's good Lone Ranger,

I made that site a fav, passed it onto my grandkids too.

But just idle thoughts...If there is that much metal and plastic in orbit, it really must be tricky to get people into orbit, to orbit safely and then get through it all again.

Thanks all for the input

Jim Burnes

Comment

Man, I must be more drunk than I thought. Now I'm seeing double posts!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 344 members and 5276 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X