300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax day cometh. Are you ready?

We filed our taxes back in February and had to pay $3300.00. Ug. I guess I shouldn't complain, though, as last year we had to shell out $5600.00.

I was talking to some friends last night and some of them still haven't filed yet. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, huh? LOL

So how about you? Have you filed your income taxes yet?

I do that too...putting a little extra in during the year...& I'll get back around $1800. When the boys moved out I was afraid I'd start having to pay without getting their dependent credit but by putting a little more in I've gotten back a tidy sum each year. It's like a savings plan & then a little windfall. I like to file my returns on April 1st. Just something about putting that date on the forms.

Comment

Haven't done my taxes yet(!), but we intentionally have things set up so that we'll owe (that way we get to play with our money during the year instead of the government). We'll probably owe somewhere around $2000 this year (gee, I wonder why I haven't done my taxes yet... [Wink] ).
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

The accountant has already done OUR taxes, WE already received OUR large refund, and my wife has already spent it.... [Frown]
        " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Ya wanna see how many last minute ppl there are doing their taxes? try working the window at the post office!

i did mine in Feb., got the refund, and put it toward my new truck. i wont be getting more refunds, i guess, cuz i'm gonna pay my house off...which i guess is good and bad...lol.
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Our taxes were done by the second week of January - all we had to do was wait for my W-2. Long since deposited the refund.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I owe an EXTRA $687. Even with my wife's college, medical bills AND my daughter being a full-time college student, Uncle Sugar sees fit to take MORE of my hard-earned $$$. I wish there was some way the amount stolen from my checks(and most freely given to wellfare whores) could be earmarked for the military.....
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by ateamer:
                Long since deposited the refund.

Same post for me except "...wife has since spent refund."

If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Owe $3700 to the feds, don't have it.

So, I'm going to start one of those web sites- "Please help me- yes I was foolish with my money, but now the big bad IRS is after me. Please send money!"

Hey, it worked for the lady with the big credit card debt and all of the toys."
                  "All the people like us are we,
                  And everyone else is They"

Comment

I'm ahead of most. I have my refund spent already!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by 209:
                      Hey, it worked for the lady with the big credit card debt and all of the toys."

hmmm...... a website....

Help Fastie buy her Porsche Carrera !!! hmmm... hey 207, if you need a couple dollars, I'd donate to the cause.... not $3700.... but... we could probably work something out [Wink] lol
                      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

D***it, Fastie, 207 already got and spent his refund- it's 209 that needs the help.

Comment

Wow, that's great so many of you got refunds! Shooter, I know exactly what you mean about the welfare whores. That burns my taters to no end. I have no problem helping the needy, but having to support the career baby-makers make paying taxes a bitter pill to swallow.

209....ouch! I'm sorry you've got to come up with that much. [Frown]

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by 209:
                            D***it, Fastie, 207 already got and spent his refund- it's 209 that needs the help.

Hold on there Bubba Louie... I didn't spend it my wife did!!!
                            Well, at least that explains why I saw you downtown wearing dark glasses and holding a cup full of pencils.
                            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

[ 04-12-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: 209 ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 270 members and 4553 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X