Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do not enter unless you are a NFL football fan !!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not enter unless you are a NFL football fan !!

Okay, week 1 is over.... whose your pick to meet in the finals and which team will win?

I dont know but Im a Redskin fan and I am in for a looooooong season.

Comment

Well, I'm a Jaguars fan but I'm not sure they are very strong this year. Sure enjoy going to the games tho!

Comment

I pretty much stopped watching those whining cry babies after the first NFL players strike. Tough to sympathize with a guy pulling down millions a year and crying about not having a pension.

That was the main reason I wanted the XFL to succeed. Guys that went to training camp for free, playing for $50K a year, getting paid more if they win. That's the way it should be.

Put a $100K cap on all player salaries and maybe they could drop the ticket prices down to where average people could afford them. All the same players would still play, where would most of them make $100K a year? Hell, the majority didn't even finish college.

Comment

I am with you on the ticket prices. it has gotten soo out of hand that it is hard to go see but one game a year without taking a second mortgage out on your house. Even though there is a salary cap per team I think the players need to be paid a lot less. They are there because they love the game right? If not then maybe get some people in there that love to play just to play and give them the monies.

As it is only the first week I will wait till I see all the teams before making judgement on who will be in the supperbowl. I will say it looks like the saints, and the ravens will make it to the playoffs.

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

I agree with you, Nite. It has gotten to where just going to one game it can cost a family of 4 almost 200$. That's ridiculous. I wsa wanting the XFL to make it too. I mean, why does a guy who makes 6 mill a year need a million more? Makes no sense to me.

Comment

I'm a Dallas fan and this year doesn't look to good. I use to like to take the kids to the games but the ticket prices are way out of control. I can't imagine any one person being worth 6 million.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

RAVENS!!!!!!!
                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

The salaries are obscene. I'm telling you, cap it at 100K per player and the only ones who will notice a difference is the players (who will still play), their accountants and fans that can now afford tickets.

Comment

I'm a Cowboys fan too & it takes a true fan to stay with a team the way this one is.

I'm with Nite on the salary thing. I've long said that they should pay a first year player, regardless of position, a base salary of $100,000. Spice it with $10-20,000 incentive bonuses in accordance to their position. For each playoff game you win, pay a set amount per player. The second year you make $125,000, the third year $150,000, & so on.

One of my pet peeves about the game is having some rookie college kid who didn't even finish sit out camp because of contract negotiations when he hasn't even proven he can play with the big boys. Another thing that gets me mad is when a guy signs a contract for 5 years & then on the third or fourth year starts complaining that someone else is making more than them so they want a new contract.

I love the game but between agents & their greedy punk clients & owners & their needing a new stadium, the game is going to pot.

Comment

All I can say after week one is WOO HOO go Green Bay. Favre was awesome and Green ran his *** off not to mention 7 sacks and two int's for the D. I had a good sunday
                      Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations!

Comment

I'm a Jaguars fan but I think it will be the Chargers and the Vikings in the Super Bowl.
                        FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
                        <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Comment

BUFFALO!!
                          "To each his own"

Comment

I agree with you niteshift! Screw the $100k a year salary cap. Give me the $100k a year and see if I go anywhere! Professional sports are just too materialistic. Watch college sports, where the players play to be the best so they can get drafted by the pros and forget what sports is supposed to be about! I don't even bother with the pros, just watch college and high school sports!

Comment

I'm a die hard Cowboy's fan, eventhough the last few years haven't been too good and this wasn't isn't looking it's brightest either. I definitly agree with you guys on the salary caps. It's much more enjoyable these days to watch a college or high school football game, where these guys are playing their hearts out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6163 users online. 335 members and 5828 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X