Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Seeks to Make Baring Breasts Legal

Massachusetts

BOSTON -- A Pittsfield woman believes women should have the same rights as men to go shirtless while walking, biking or swimming in public.

“Here I am, a grown woman, who can’t go for a swim and feel the sun on my chest and feel comfortable,’’ Katherine Gundelfinger, 39, told the Boston Globe.

Gundelfinger's push for what she calls “equal access to sunshine” has led to what might be the most provocative ballot question in next month’s election.

The question --- which will be nonbinding --- is on the ballot only in the Third Berkshire District and proposes to change the legal definition of nudity, so that the same rules apply to both men and women.

The ballot question asks the district’s state representative to support legislation to change laws on indecent exposure “so that no part of the female breast is included,’’ the newspaper reported.

The district has about 40,000 residents and 230 signed Gundelfinger’s petition which placed the question on the ballot.

Copyright 2010 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

READ MORE: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...63/detail.html
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by redsox2010 View Post
    Massachusetts

BOSTON -- A Pittsfield woman believes women should have the same rights as men to go shirtless while walking, biking or swimming in public.

“Here I am, a grown woman, who can’t go for a swim and feel the sun on my chest and feel comfortable,’’ Katherine Gundelfinger, 39, told the Boston Globe.

Gundelfinger's push for what she calls “equal access to sunshine” has led to what might be the most provocative ballot question in next month’s election.

The question --- which will be nonbinding --- is on the ballot only in the Third Berkshire District and proposes to change the legal definition of nudity, so that the same rules apply to both men and women.

The ballot question asks the district’s state representative to support legislation to change laws on indecent exposure “so that no part of the female breast is included,’’ the newspaper reported.

The district has about 40,000 residents and 230 signed Gundelfinger’s petition which placed the question on the ballot.

Copyright 2010 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

READ MORE: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...63/detail.html

In response to my own post, all I can say is... I'm agree with her 100%
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's legal for the most part in Austin, Texas, at least to my knowledge. I know I've seen topless women occassionally at Barton Springs, a city owned swimming pool. I don't think there are any specific city ordinances barring it. Depending on the context, I suppose they could get you under some other statute or ordinance depending on what exactly you were doing, but I think if you were just sunbathing or jogging (ouch!) it's legal here.
      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Pun intended.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
          Pun intended.
          Good catch!
          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

In a world where school kids are hauled off and charged for mooning people I don't see this gaining much traction. But then again it is Massachusetts...
            He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
            shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
            - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

I have no problem with this. In fact I support it %100 Free the Boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

I think the texas statute on indecent exposure or whatever specifies showing your genitals or anus. So mooning COULD be covered, but only if it were a very "enthusiastic" mooning, if you know what I'm sayin'.
                Unfortunately, I've seen way more of those type of moonings than I care to.

Comment

I have enought to fight against. Of course rememeber you may get what you wish for.
                  Your mind may picture a 10+ but you will see a -1 taking advantage of that law.
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                    I have enought to fight against. Of course rememeber you may get what you wish for.
                    Your mind may picture a 10+ but you will see a -1 taking advantage of that law.
                    Like the People of Walmart?
                    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

I am all for equal rights for women. No, my wife did not tell me to say that - it was voluntary
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

....must avoid clicking the link. I know what's there and it alures me like a train wreck, traffic accident it is as powerful as police lights are to a drunk.
                        ..must resist
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

In response to my own post, all I can say is... I'm agree with her 100%
                          I agree, but what happens when Bertha wants to exercise her right to bare it all? Haha you can’t have the good without the bad.
                          - Ego

Not today, not on this shift, not on this call, not on this stop — I will not be caught unaware - Dave Smith
                          Police Mental Health

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
                            Bahahaha! Nice
                            - Ego

Not today, not on this shift, not on this call, not on this stop — I will not be caught unaware - Dave Smith
                            Police Mental Health

Comment

Originally posted by brad601 View Post
                              I have no problem with this. In fact I support it %100 Free the Boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              You ever see the kind of people who support public nudity? It ain't super models.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4911 users online. 308 members and 4603 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X