Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this woman is going to hate all cops. Very sad for all involved. I do hope he will remember this if he has a complaint and loses a weeks work. Maybe she has a child that was sick and she needed to get a sitter and was running late for work, now she cant support the child. She should have kept her mouth shut but losing her job is too much. Maybe she is just a bitch but still losing her job is too much.

Remember the cop that was fired having his fit at KFC because they didn't have chicken? Same thing, he sould not have lost his job, just put on leave with out pay.
    Last edited by Justsaying; 09-21-2010, 03:44 PM.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
      Now this woman is going to hate all cops.
      Your post is fill with random suppositions and WAG's (wild *** guesses).

Evidently she had a problem with them already or else she probably wouldn't have said anything so stupid to begin with. Sounds like she might have been a problem and needed a lesson in keeping her yap shut. You don't threaten to withhold medical services from someone if it's your job to provide them.

Imagine a cop threatened to not respond to a life-threatening call for service. Would society not expect the hammer to be dropped on him/her?
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

But was that a threat she would not treat him? It can be taken several ways, she was ****ed and wrong saying what she said. I stand by my belief she should not have been fired.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Comment

But was that a threat she would not treat him? It can be taken several ways, she was ****ed and wrong saying what she said. I stand by my belief she should not have been fired.
          When Colorado Springs policeman Duaine Peters stopped and ticketed cardiac nurse Miriam Leverington for speeding, she let him know she wasn't happy.

"I hope you are not ever my patient," Leverington said.
          How else would anyone take it?

You can stand by your belief that she shouldn't have been fired, but it's immaterial anyway since it's not your decision and obviously the hospital did what they felt was appropriate. Additionally, she's about to lose her 2nd appeal. Looks like the hospital is found to be right so far.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            How else would anyone take it?

You can stand by your belief that she shouldn't have been fired, but it's immaterial anyway since it's not your decision and obviously the hospital did what they felt was appropriate. Additionally, she's about to lose her 2nd appeal. Looks like the hospital is found to be right so far.
            You are right.

Maybe they wanted to fire her and just jumped at the chance. I just know my big mouth can say things it shouldn't.

Comment

One thing to remember guys, even in this icky economy, a nurse can find a job just about anywhere. She'll find a job. If she liked her ex job so much, she should have kept her yap shut.
              Originally posted by JasperST
              "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
              It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

You are right.

Maybe they wanted to fire her and just jumped at the chance. I just know my big mouth can say things it shouldn't.
                We all suffer from "big mouth syndrome" from time to time. But there are limits. I know I've overstepped the bounds and got my pee-pee spanked for it. I'm sure most of us have.

Comment

Originally posted by anachranerd View Post
                  That is....INSANITY. I simply cannot believe the COPS are hesitant to go to a certain hospital.

I grew up in a medical family- and they are tight with LEO's. Hell, my own father told me story after story of LEO's having to save his staff members from unruly patients(mostly drug addicts going nuts)
                  Believe it. We have a hospital here that the police avoid if possible. Fortunately their ER is not a trauma center, so it's bypassed by the FD ambulance as well. I know of several confrontations between the ER staff and police. I worked in a hospital ER as security before becoming a LEO and I have never run into that at any other hospital.

Comment

As you can see from this thread, whether or not a person is intending to act on the threat to give substandard care, the thought that they might is enough to make patients go someplace else. No wonder hospital administrators would consider her comment a danger to the hospital, and not just write it off as venting.
                    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
                      Plus, I know that a medic isn't going to come rushing to my aid like some kind of hero if I go down and need help. Their answer will be "Standing by until the scene is secure". By that time hopefully I'll be in the back of a police car flying down the road on the way to the hospital.
                      ehh, a little harsh ya think?
                      Semper Paratus/Always Ready
                      Originally posted by jakflak
                      The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
                      Originally posted by Michigan
                      I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

I agree that her being fired sounds harsh, but like others have stated the hospital fired her. The officer merely advised the hospital of her actions and I would have done the same. If she was a stand up nurse and never in trouble (having a bad day) I doubt the hospital would have canned her so quickly.

Comment

Ok so the next time ya get crud from a driver, make sure you find out who they work for, go to their boss and let them know what they said to you.

Since when do the police go to an employer to inform them of certain statements someone made?

I still think there is more to this story than is being told..

I did some research and see that the nurse is said to have lost her job as the hospital fired her for "threatening" the officer.
                          Question, were criminal charges filed? What about due process and being innocent until proven guilty? If she intended to threaten the officer then file charges. Was the comment made out of frustration, no citations for 20 years and then one for 14 over? It is very believable that the nurse lost it for a few in the heat of the moment and the mouth out ran the brain.

I just think it is bad practice to pick and choose who we will inform about what. If the nurse was infact frustrated and let the phrase come out in the heat of the moment but has a good record and history then there is an issue.

Due process? Was there an independent investigation to determine what happened? One police officer's word to en employer?

Since when is it the police that is tasked with informing employers of bad behavior?

I believe what she said was not appropriate.
                          Last edited by chiefcop; 09-22-2010, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anachranerd View Post
                            That is....INSANITY. I simply cannot believe the COPS are hesitant to go to a certain hospital.
                            ...and restaurants.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I would rather have seen her humiliated to the point of tears, first. Eh... But firing is okay, I guess.
                              Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefcop View Post
                                Ok so the next time ya get crud from a driver, make sure you find out who they work for, go to their boss and let them know what they said to you.

Since when do the police go to an employer to inform them of certain statements someone made?

Yes because I love it when folks run to my employer for things said and done. Would we expect our employers notified about things we do and say while off duty? What if you made a racially toned joke or bragged about some ticket you wrote? Would like you like your dept to be notified?
                                I think she should have been fired over it. Like someone said already; if it was a cop we would be backing them.

Here is one interesting stories on the side: http://www.aviddesignblog.com/?p=2948

Here are the basics: Cheryl James, a hospital employee at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, Michigan, wrote some comments at home on her personal Facebook page about coming “face to face” with “cop killer” Tyress Mathews, a patient that also happened to be accused of murdering a local police officer.
                                Last edited by That Guy; 09-22-2010, 08:07 AM.
                                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5064 users online. 240 members and 4824 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X